Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spooky Cakes

So this is the same image that I used a few days ago -- but on that card I only used the Spidey Cupcake. This is the whole trio of Spooky Cakes! I told you I am lovin' making Halloween cards. I colored with Copics and dressed the little cakes up with some tiny gold pearls using them along the bottom of the icing on two cupcakes and also for the eyes on the toppings. I added a layer of Crystal Lacquer to the Skull, Spider and Owl to help them stand out. I stamped my sentiment on the DP - I hardly ever do this, but I love the way it looks. A few button embellishments -- I actually used Needle and Thread to attach them! I added some black stitch marks to finish it up. Final card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - Spooky Cakes # F2345, Clear Halloween Set #CL158
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Environment, Brown Orange, Misc. DP
  • Other: Gold Pearls, Spica, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Buttons by Basic Grey, Black Micron Pen, Corner Rounder, Crystal Lacquer

19 comments:

  1. Oh how cute. I've got to remember this one. I'll try to make something like this. Love the cupcakes.
    And if anyone asks I'll tell them of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! Love the colours, your colouring........what a perfect card!

    Hugs,

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! What a perfect Halloween card. Them spidey cuppies are TOO DIE FOR!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny, what a FRIGHTENING YUMMY looking card this makes! Great FUN image and amazing coloring; really like the color combination as well; great job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary cupcakes I must say, but yummy at the same time.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jenny, thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. I am glad to have a chance to know you and your gorgeous cards. This one has such cute and fun image and your coloring is amazing! Have a nice day!
    Hugs,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, awesome card! I love those cupcakes!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Love the layout, images and dsp. Great color job too! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS this is so so cute! Jenny, you're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did SEWING? No way! Next thing you're going to tell us is that you BAKED cupcakes. Ha!

    Love 'em. They look good enough to eat.

    Sue P from the banks of the Yellow River

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did SEWING? No way! Next thing you're going to tell us is that you BAKED cupcakes. Ha!

    Love 'em. They look good enough to eat.

    Sue P from the banks of the Yellow River

    ReplyDelete
  12. CUTE
    CUTE
    CUTE
    Your coloring is awesome!!!!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehe! How cute are these cupcakes, Jenny! Love the buttons too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card, Jenny. I love this bit-of-a-twist to Halloween images. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, yummy, chocolate cupcakes, my favorite. Jenny, this card is beyond adorable. I love the coloring although I think it should be a cat on the top of the center cupcake with all those fish! Perfect amount of embellishments, love the buttons. You are just having too much Halloween fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, cute!! Love those big buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh...Jenny...I think the fall colors are your forte' as well as Christmas! Your cards are always so rich and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome! Your coloring is amazing, and these cupcake images are perfect for the perfect Halloween card! Love the buttons too! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome coloring, Jenny and what cute images!

    ReplyDelete