Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sleepy Moon

After my last card that was blinding and bright, I thought I would tone things down with something soft and sweet. I used the Moon from this IO Baby Set. I stamped it on my base and covered up the tassel part of the stamp image. I stamped it again cutting out the little hat and attaching my own tassel, made of embroidery floss under the hat. I added a little jewel to cover the end. Everything else is pretty plain and simple here, just a sweet little baby card. I fussed it up with buttons and a bow. I used the Bow Easy to make the bow, and instead of leaving the tails hanging, I wrapped them around the panel. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Impression Obsession Baby Set #CL131
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Green DP and Baby Words DP both by DCWV, Misc. Green, Pink Pirouette, Curious Cryogen White
  • Other: Spellbinder's Labels Six, Bow Easy Tool, Misc. Ribbon, Window Punch by SU, Micron Pen, Copics/ABS, Embroidery Floss, Crystal, Buttons

17 comments:

  1. WOW, Jenny, this is such a sweet card!!!! I love the colors and all of the layers. GORGEOUS!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a short supply list for you ;). I really love the card though, it is so sweet. You know what I like best? Well, besides the added tassel, which is just too cute....I love the sentiment. That is the BEST sentiment for a baby card. I might be stealing that idea from you in the near future....I have some welcome baby sentiments, but I just love the symplicity of welcome. There is so much warmth in that word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous! Love the tassle at the end of his hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that? Love it. I have this set and will be casing! congrats on another winner! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your usual picture perfect artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable Jenny! I love the tassel hanging from the nightcap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink! Green! The moon is preppie! *lol* Actually, that's a very sweet card. But don't let anyone know I said that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card. Great image, color scheme and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet...love that little tassel...I am bow easy challenged. All thumbs, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUuuuuuuuuute!!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what an adorable card Jenny! Love the fibers you added to the end of the cap....it's all perfect! I just bought a Bow Easy, can't wait to try it out! Have a wonderful day!
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is JUST ADORABLE!!!! LOVE the tassle at the end of his hat and the pink/green combo is awesome!! FANTASTIC creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just to sweet for words. And the tassel is the perfect touch with the little rhinestone. Can I come play at your house today??? I'm so stinking jealous of your talent . . . . just kidding. I love your blog and visit every day to be blown away. Definitely was with this one. Great job!!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is ADORABLE! I love the color combination but what really makes the card for me it is the tassle and the pink buttons! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet, great color combo, and I love the the tassle! TFS.

    ReplyDelete