Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

OCC Challenge - Stars, Stripes.... and some doodles and dots

The OCC has been amped up this week with a bunch of talented designers joining the DT! One of our new members, Dana jumped right in and is hosting this month's challenges. Since it is Labor Day weekend, Dana issued the call for the team and YOU to incorporate Stars and Stripes on our projects, not necessarily patriotic... just use stars and stripes. Easy Peasy!
------------------------
So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock , Joycelyn Turner and a HUGE welcome to our new designers -Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson.
------------------------
The new Cuttlebug folders landed on the doorstep this week, so I had to use my new Stars Folder with this challenge. To create the Star Background, I embossed with the folder, then used my bitty baby brayer (which I LOVE, but you guys know that) to roll some brown ink over the raised portions, then I added some dots in the center of the stars, THEN I outlined the stars with a Copic to help pull in the color of the DP, and finally I just sponged some ink around the edges. Whenever I do stars it seems I have to add silver in to the mix. So I added some silver paper in the layers and embellished with my little metal stars, finishing it off with some doodle stitch marks and my crazy little silver string bow. I highlighted the word "Dream" with a little airbrush action. Finished card size is 5 3/4" Square.

Also, I need to thank YOU guys, the readers and picture lookers that visit my little blog-- you guys ROCK, you leave me all these awesome comments and it totally motivates me to keep right on posting and sharing! Also a side note... If you have emailed me this week with questions or comments, I will playing catch up this weekend.... I haven't forgotten you, just a little snowed under!!!
  • Stamps: Sight of Stars #3191J by Penny Black
  • Ink: Versafine Sepia Brown
  • Paper: Neenah Environment, Brown, DP by Graphic 45
  • Other: Metallic Silver String, Star Embellishments, Star Punch, Spellbinder's Label Eight, Copics/ABS, Silver Metallic Pen, Brown Micron Pen, Bow Easy Tool

18 comments:

  1. this card is awesome love the embossing with the ink great job as always
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love it! Looking forward to working with you on the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The star paper looks like DP! not a CB embossed piece. Holy cow, the work that went into that paper! Love it all. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty, Jenny!! I just love that new Stars CB ef...still waiting on mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to work that emboss folder!!!! Gorgeous card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your card! I really like that star CB folder!
    Cindyb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to be working with you on the OCC team, Jenny! Your card came together beautifully. I love the brayer work on the stars. I just received this EF in the mail this week and haven't used it yet, but you have inspired me to get busy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, you are too flippin' talented. I can't believe you *made* that patterned paper. I would never think to use markers on something I embossed. I also LOVE how you highlighted the work DREAM. Your card as totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stars and stripes. I haven't seen the stars cb folder-great, need to get one. Love your card-great colors. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty - Jenny!!! The DP and the star embellishment is pefecto!!! The airbrushing is a wonderful added detail as well!!!

    Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!!! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jenny, I love your card! Love the silver star and cording on the side...clever! So happy to be learning from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous. I really love your embossed and detailed stars. Stunning! So happy to be working with you on the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really, that is a star embossing folder. It totally looks like dp! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bow is awesome! It must have taken hours--but what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just stunning...I have a sentiment stamp I must share with you...!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Jenny, I LOVE your layout and the pretty bow made of silver cord!! I hope you are feeling better today, enjoy your weekend & holiday!

    Thinking of you, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny, this is just beautiful!!!!


    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! I love the colors you used and it's a great layout!

    ReplyDelete