Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

OCC Challenge - Monochromatic Mania

This week the challenge is about making monochromatic cards. You can incorporate as many colors of one shade onto your card/project. You may also use neutrals like White, Cream, Kraft and Black.
---------------------
For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock , Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson.
---------------------

I set out to make a card using blues and a Nautical theme -- I ended up with Snowflakes. The Snowflakes and the Font "Special Occasion" are all from JustRite. I love how the JustRite products are designed to fit in the ovals and circles -- but I also like to show that you can use them differently. I created the background paper by stamping the snowflake and then dressing them up a bit with a little white gel pen. I have had these little snowflake buttons floating around for a good while now - and that was the inspiration for the card, after I decided not to do nautical. I knew I wanted to hang them some way so this is what I came up with. I chose three blue shades of card stock to work with. I highlighted around the word SNOW using a Copic Marker. I also used a Copic Marker to color my silk ribbon, using the smallest notch on the Bow Easy to tie the tiny little bows. A good amount of stitch marks with the gel pen and a blue fine tip pen to wrap it up. Finished card size is an A2.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous girlfriend, positively gorgeous! Those bows are fabulous! Are you keeping dry? Hope those waters didn't enter your abode, specially the new kitchen floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you colored in the flakes with white. STUNNING! Great composition and a fun winter card! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny!!!! This one is a fave fer sher!!!! I love those snowflake buttons. Why don't I have those yet?!!!! They are Jesse James buttons, right? Good heavens I'll be case-ing this one. Done gushing - have a marvelous weekend gf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! What a super neat design - Jenny!!! I love this card :) Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - wow! This is just gorgeous. I figured your background was DP - I love it even more knowing it was stamped and colored! Beautiful, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous, Jenny! Wish I could pull something like that together at the last minute! You have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Snowflakes are one of my favorite symbols of the winter season. I LOVE this card...those bows are so perfectly made. I would love to be the recepient of this card!

    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Love those snowflake buttons and your pretty snowflake background. The colors are very "wintery" - Great job with this monochromatic card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Terrific monochromatic card. The background paper you created is so cool! I have a white gel pen that sits forgotten on my craft table. I never think to pull it out and use it, yet it makes SUCH a big difference in the look. I love the little ornaments you created with the buttons and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous, fab paper you've created and love the feel to the card - so frosty!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Jenny, what a stunning design! LOVE the beautiful snowflakes and all the wonderful detail that goes into each of your layouts! Your cards are one of a kind - you got my addy right?

    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snow, I am so ready for snow. This is beautiful, I love the shades of blue and how you dangled the snowflakes. And perfect little bows as always. Great card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, Jenny!! Great blue pen stuff--your hand is so steady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, your card is stunning!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning. Love the monochromatic feel to it.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete