Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Holy Bat Cat!

Did I go overboard with the little Bat mask? Did I go overboard with doodles? These are questions I do not need answered. This is another digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil. I really love making Halloween cards-- they are just plain fun. I don't need an excuse to make them, but the challenge call over at the Creative Belli Blog was to create a Fall or Halloween themed project. I made up the sentiment and printed it out on the computer, using the Font "Litter Box", Yes, I promise that is the name of the font! So of course, I had to use it with this little Bat Cat! The card is pretty self explanatory, so I won't bore you and blabber on about it. Finished card size is an A2.
-------------------------
I will share with you how I created the little Bat mask. I printed the "Bat Cat" image twice, cutting out the mask from the second image. I colored it black with a Copic Marker. Then I added a layer of Crystal Lacquer. On top of the wet Crystal Lacquer, I added a layer of Black Glitter.

I smushed the glitter in to the wet lacquer, so it would be thick and well coated. I used my finger to smush it around -- very technical process. Mask Picture (1) shows how it came out. I was a little concerned about the larger chunk glitter chipping off, so........

Another coating of Crystal Lacquer to seal it all down.
-------------------------
And this is a close up of the finished result.

I think I will try this again, but I would like to try it using a "fine" glitter and maybe a purple or funky Halloween green color. It is quite eye catching in the light! I also added some Spica Orange to the pumpkins and over my Hi-Lited "Cute Cat".

  • Stamps: Bat Cat digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil, Sentiment is Computer Generated using the Font: Litterbox
  • Ink: Printed on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# with Ink Jet Printer
  • Paper: Orange DP by Bo Bunny, Bat DP by SU, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Black
  • Other: White Gel Pen, Orange Souffle Pen, Spellbinder's Labels Eight, Spellbinder's Petite Ovals, Black Crystals, Black Large Glitter, Orange Spica Pen, Paper Piercer, Grey Taffeta Ribbon by SU, Bow Easy Tool, Copics/ABS, Crystal Lacquer

28 comments:

  1. BWAHAHA!! I love this! That mask is pure perfection! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS Jenny! The mask on this kitty is absolutely brilliantly done! As for the rest of the card, well, it's perfectly you and just wonderful!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creative juices were flowing tonite! Love all the doodles, never too many!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Jenny! I did NOT think to print an extra mask to cut out! I'm going to have to do another card with Bat Cat so I can try what you've done here! It looks magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Jenny, this is by far the best! I know how you love cats too! Great image, and you really did it up good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Jenny what a fun card! :) I LOVE the stamp and the mask is SO cute!

    Hope your having a fun week, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny this is stunning with so much character and what an apt sentiment.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. You outdid yourself, my friend! What an absolutely adorable image and the mask is the perfect finishing touch. Very cute! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all the doodles and your card cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How stinkin adorable! I love the mask - it turned out perfect! Your ribbon is perfection...I get my bow easy soon! Woohoo!

    Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWWW - totally cute - Jenny!!! The mask is awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is adorable. Love what you did with the mask, so glitzy. And of course all your doodles are the perfect finishing touches. Great card, Jenny, using a wonderful Mo image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your bat mask idea!! Very cute!

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the image and the color job. I don't think the mask is over the top at all! Love it all. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG that is absolutely adorable! I love the mask and everything you did on this card. Too cute.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my , is he ever cute or what !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bat mask is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh, this is the cutest image.. Super, Super Cute!!! Loooove the mask... Thanks so for playing in the Belli Challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! (but then it IS a cat, LOL) I don't think you went overboard, the cat really stands out as the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy Bat Cat indeed!!! ;) this is so scary CUTE!!! I am enjoying every detail here... that sentiment is PUUURRRFECT and your coloring is as well! Great job, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I just love this!!!!!!!! That mask is so perfect and I love that shiny touch! I'm so glad you played in our Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The bat mask is such fun! Not too much.......makes for a cute card. thanks for playing the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this! That mask is so cool! Perfect! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a CLEVER card --- such a coll and ingenious idea with the mask! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness! Just as cute as can be!! So glad you joined in the Belli Challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh how cute is this!! I love it

    ReplyDelete