Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Hanging Ornament Trio

I love making these long and lean cards, but I can never get a good picture of them. I'll have to work on that. I like how this one turned out. AND look, again, I have managed to leave white space!!! I am liking it! I stamped the ornaments and colored them with Copics, adding some little jewels and some Spica Pen to sparkle and catch the light. I added a coat of Crystal Lacquer on top to finish them off. When I added the strings, I actually thread the string through the eyelet before I set it, so it would appear to be hanging through the eyelet, which it is. The silver string was so thin it did not affect it all when I set it in place. I used the Bow Easy Tool to create my little silver string bows, triple looping the string. I secured the string and bows with a little dab of Ultimate Glue to keep everyone in line and in place! This fits in a standard business size envelope. Click on the pics for a better look.

21 comments:

  1. Really, really pretty, Jenny!! Go Bow Easy!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I love how you added the glaze over them, I forget to do that and I love the Season's bling card below also. Wonderful job and some fabulous inspiration. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the retro Holiday Lounge paper!! I will be casing this with the SU tree trimmings set for sure! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... this is awesome!!! Love the long card and the ornaments look so real with the added sparkle and crystal lacquer! It appears you can take them right off your card and hang them on the tree! AWESOME creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! See, white space doesn't have to be your enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work on the ornaments and the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a smashing card, Jenny. See -- white space really does make some things just POP. Beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors on this card! I am lovin all this silver you are using too! That darn silver cord is hard to tie so that bow easy must have whipped it into place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jenny, this is really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much love and care, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try this size card. Beautiful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very festive. Love the DP and those wonderful silver bows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Jenny! I love how the ornaments mimic the DP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Jenny!! I love your tall and narrow creation!! Such elegant ornaments and colors!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OoooohAaaaaah, very nice. The background is perfect!!!!! Another good job, but then what do we expect????
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the shape and how everything lays out on the card. very pretty! CT

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooohhhhh...I love everything about this card!!!

    ReplyDelete