Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Gentle Path....

I still had this paper on my desk and this sentiment stamp from recent cards. I wish I could be a more tidy stamper and clean up after every card, but I am not.... I am better than I used to be, but things still tend to hang out on the desk for a few days before they go back where they belong. Generally I am fighting a good pile of stuff heaped on the desk before clean up begins. I am really enjoying using some of the newer Spellbinder Nesties. This card uses Labels Nine to frame the sentiment and it used again on the leaf panel, but just turned the opposite way. I like the balance of the lines that mimic one another on a card; I used only the Nestie shape and everything else is a square for this card's elements. Behind the sentiment is another one of the New CB folders - Herringbone---ohhh, I love it! I embellished only with some small gold square stickers in the corners and a few stitch marks to finish the card. I did sponge around the edges with the same ink I stamped in. The leaves were stamped using one of IO's large background stamps: Greenery #CC018. I only stamped it one time, cutting out the Label from the inside of the large square, which got covered up. Now you know there is a hole in the layers under there!!!

16 comments:

  1. This is a very stunning card and how easy it would be to switch out the sentiment with a birthday focused one and whalah... a masculine focused card! I love your work; I always learn from your blog entries. The way you describe your style makes me feel like kindred spirits... my craft room sounds like yours :-> Thank you so much for your time and your talent! Sincerely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrasts here, Jenny! Perfect choices in colors, stamps, and even sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowser is this ever "purty"! So elegant...you have such talent for putting together the unexpected and making stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another awesome card. I always learn something from your posts. Love the little gold squares - spotted more of them after I enlarged the card. Hmmm, I may "need" that background stamp from IO.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so beautiful, Jenny!! I LOVE all the different layers you have on this oh so elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets the clutter pile high before putting it away!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful - Jenny!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! love the colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Jenny - you make the most simple of cards look out of this world stunning!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Lovely. Love the bg stamp and nesties shapes. Great job. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FANTASTIC Jenny! I love this saying and the brown tones are awesome!! GREAT job on this creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely lovely and so warm feeling too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card. I love all your layers.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, love those Cover A Card backgrounds. Wonderful layers.

    ReplyDelete