Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A "Dressed" up Bow!

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme was to think out of the box and to "use a stamp in a way that it was not intended".
Please check out these links to every one's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Daniela Dobson - Laura Fulcher - Dina Kowal - Shirley Ross - Jeanne Streiff - Julie Koerber and Deborah March .You are all invited to enter your creations for the Challenge and any future challenges we have too. Below is how to enter your card so it can be posted on the Impression-Obsession Blog and in the gallery located there just for I/O customers:
Use Impression-Obsession stamps for your card.
Email the card to Shirley, our webmaster.
Every week cards will be selected to be showcased on the I/O blog and in the Customer Gallery there too!
This challenge will be open until Sunday, September 6, 2009. Go get Inky!!!
_________________________________

OK, so this is it, I did use an image in a way it was not intended. I used a dress stamp and made it in to a Bow on a Christmas card. I saw this done eons ago in a magazine, so you can call me a copy cat. I tell you, I have had some challenges lately that made me struggle. This was another one. I had no idea what I was going to do, then the dress/bow idea sparked from somewhere very deep in the memory bank and I went with it!!! You can see the dress image, I wanted to post it as well, so you could see how I used the bottom portion to create the bow. All of DP on my card was created with the NEW stamps from IO called Cover a Card -- they are huge 5 3/4" square background stamps that stamp so perfectly... I am hooked on them. After stamping my dress/bow I used a dark red Copic to add some detailing, with a little white gel pen over that. I punched a 3/4" circle and embellished it with pearls for my bow center. I also used my Fancy Perga Silicone to adhere my bow and the center so that they had "lift" and would keep the lift through the mail and not go flat. I tell you, I'm ready for some no thinking needed challenges!!! In the end it is rewarding to really be challenged to create something, and in the end I am always glad I participated...despite my grumblings along the way.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    I'm lovin it. Very pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about creative and beautiful!!! I love it~! Look at that button too. How very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jenny. Love the unusual design of the patterned cardstock. Love your design.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Fancy. Good use of the skirt part of the stamp. LOVE the circle background stamp and color combo. Pearl cluster in the center is the perfect finishing touch. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, how BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love those colors absolutely elegant looking card!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I am impressed! Very clever, but then we would expect that from you!!!
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, clever of you to use that here. Love the tight little swirly paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you are good! How ingenius is that! Your artwork is always great but this just hit a homerun!
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, I came back to get the stamp numbers and look what you did with the CC stamps. Whoohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW ... very creative and classy!! LOVE the bow holiday card ... it's perfect! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is really cool and no pink to be seen! I love all the layers and extra embellishments. I looked at this challenge and am not sure I could come up with anything but this is a definite winner. Wonderful card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Now that was creative thinking and the result is just divine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are always amazing me with your talent...this card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well... I think taht is pretty ingenious!!! I will never look at that dress the same again after seeing what you and Jeanne made out of it! ;-) See.... you got a spark! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god. I actually think this is one of my favorite cards you've made. It is amazing, soo cute and talk about perfect...!! AAAHHH I LOVE IT! CT

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are so clever! what a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Judging from all the comments, I'd say you hit it out of the ball park! This one and the CAS card you did with the bicycle are two of your best cards, so while it's been challenging for you, the results have been worth it! Very clever way to use the dress stamp, and the background papers are wonderful. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aren't you clever & one creative artist! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a fabulous card and a clever use of that stamp. You really hit the challenge perfectly. This card is so beautifully intricate - love the colors also!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so pretty and how creative love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well that one cute idea-great card. Really like the backgrounders. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea! I love that you and Jeanne used the same stamp, but in completely different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh love this one! And those BG/DP stamps are great...the size is perfect for the cards I like to make!

    ReplyDelete