Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Again, a dog on my Blog!

Yep, that's right. Yet again a cute dog
has found it's way on to my blog. I could not resist this big eared lil' guy. I picked him up over at Mo's Digital Pencil. This is my first digital image. I have been a little resistant to go digi, being an old fashioned kind of rubber and ink girl. But Mo has some seriously cute images that pushed me over the edge. I colored and airbrushed with Copics. I framed little Spike with three scalloped circle Nesties layered together. The yellow and the brown scallop circle are the same size-rotating them on each other so you could see the yellow scallop color under the brown. The teal scallop is one size larger. Then I used my Japanese Screw Punch to add a little hole to the outside edge. Even though it's three layers of card stock to go through, the screw punch handles it with no problems. I added some stitch marks around everything using a white gel pen or a brown Micron Pen. I jazzed up Spike's fierce collar with some Clear Spica and a Clear Glaze pen to give it a little extra oomph. The sentiment was computer generated using the font "Acoustic Bass". I couldn't resist matching the sentiment with those big ears. I thought a real manly sentiment would be funny with him too! This card ended up a little odd sized at 4 1/2" x 6 3/4", which is a little shy of an A7 size card.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful job coloring! Soon, the digi-side will take you over *booming laugh* ... Just think, all those *luscious* papers you can print again and again and again... =)

    I'm sure I'm lots of help. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah Jenny, this is truly gorgeous and such a huggable little doggie she is.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a real pro with the Copics. One day I will make that splurge!

    This is the first digi image I have seen on a card! Adorable card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable!! Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No rubber or ink?!?! That is a first but with great result. Fantastic coloring and layout. Scalloped detail is great too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! I like the 3 layer circle, you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, he is too cute. Love the color combination and you have colored Spike perfectly. As usual I love all the extras you have added. Great card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh me too...mo brought me over to the other side LOL! Great card and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete