Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Three's Company!

I fell in love with this kitty trio the instant I saw it.... I LOVE me the cats! What is better than the company of three kitty cats? Oh so sweet, just pawsitively the best! OK, I'm done being cute with words. Seriously, Love this image. it is brand spankin' new from Coronado Island Designs in the new August Release. I stamped in Versafine Black. To create the oval shadows, I cut out an small oval using a nestie from Vellum paper, then used that as a mask to airbrush the shadow spot. Since I used Vellum I could see exactly where my image was and where I wanted the shadow. I went heavy on the doodles, dots and dashes every where. The grey panel in the background is heavy vellum, I used a Cuttlebug folder on one side, and on the other just scored some lines. The black paper has little silver metal dots embedded in it, so I continued the silver metal with the buttons and nail heads. Finished card is 6x6.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Love the cat image, and all your embellishments, such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GF - this card is awesome!!! Love the kitty image and the new Spellbinder Die is too cool!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - love the kitties! You attention to detail is fabulous - I love Black and White cards but with all the layers, bling, doodling and rhinestones this is a little work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here kitty, kitty, kitty! I'm off to Coronado Island. Girl, you just cost me $$$!!! LOL!!!
    Sharon L
    sharon.lemon@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this is out of this world stunning!!!! The b/w is just so timeless and elegant. Love it!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks FABULOUS w/great style & details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! those cats are just stunning!! This whole card is just so stunning and stylish! I love the monochrome look! gorgeous!! love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! Reminds me of my three fur babies... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doing a bit of blog-hopping and glad to have stumbled across yours, what lovely cards! Beautiful work :)
    Crafts By Bee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this card! The kitties are very cute, and I enjoy neutral toned cards. Great use of the vellum here, and the Spellbinder die is perfect for this image. I also really like your airbrushed ovals for the shadows. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card, Jenny. You are going to make me spend money, love that new Nestie, you sure make it look fabulous. Great continuity with the silver and metal combo. Adore the kitties! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cats! I may have to look for these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these CATS! Your card is absolutely beautiful! Looks and sounds like it took some time, will you frame it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love square cards! Love the cats! Love your style! A lot of love going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow how stunning this is. I love the shape you used for the kitty stamp and the monochromatic colours. Great design.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful image and you really rocked it! I will be checking out this company as I have not heard of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is pawsitively so cute..and I'm not even a cat lover. Sure hope your snotty nose has quit running for you and you are feeling better. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very completely spectacular!!! You do black magnificently! That is a fabo layout too.

    Hope you are felling better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun Fun Fun...Love your furry trio!

    ReplyDelete