Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stamp Simply #102 - Leave your comfort zone.

Stamp Simply #102 - August 28 - ssnotime102 - today’s challenge is about stepping out of your box and leaving your comfort zone. Sharon says create in a style that is not normally what you gravitate toward, leave our stamping style comfort zone and do a card or project in a style TOTALLY unlike what we normally do. Upload your project to Splitcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime102". Head to Sharon's blog No Time to Stamp to see her creation for today and get all the details for the challenge.
-------------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: We welcome Pat Adam, our August Guest Designer, Janine, Jennifer, Julie , AJ, Tammy, Deb, and Barbara.
-------------------------------

I know you are looking at this card and thinking, OMG... Jenny was robbed... they took all her embellishments and left only white paper! I was not robbed, this challenge did almost do me in though. Our challenge this week was to create something not our usual style. This is a simple card -- how could it be difficult??? Well, you might have noticed I have a tendency to add - and add - and add on to my cards.... loving the doodles and bling and buttons... and well, really all of those awesome embellies. So, I thought what could be more out of the norm for me than to do a one layer, white card with no embellishments. YIKES. YIKES. YIKES. I love this look when others do it. But let me tell you, this was not a ten minute card for me. I agonized over this. I am not leaving my comfort zone again any time soon. I'll be back tomorrow with a card full of doodles! Check out this pitiful recipe of supplies, surely this is the least amount I have ever used on a card.

  • Stamps: Bike by Inkadinkadoo, Sentiment by A Muse
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Red Ribbon, Slot Punch, Spellbinder's Labels Eight, Copics

32 comments:

  1. Jenny, I LOVE it -- I absolutely, truthfully, totally LOVE it!!!! All that fresh white and crisp color -- TOTALLY FAB CREATION!!! I'm so sorry you had to agonize, but it turned out PERFECTLY WONDERUFL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sharon-totally fab. Love the bike with the flowers, colored so beautifully. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be outside your comfort zone but the card is beautiful and I love your colors on the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, girl, you don't need no embellishments! This card is so stunning and your coloring skills are so breathtaking that this card really, honestly, does NOT need anything. Love that ribbon though ;D! Another MASTERPIECE!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and it is stunning without any embellies. Very simple yet a real beauty. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, and all that white!!!! I do enjoy all the goodies you put on your cards as well!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny this may be outside your comfort zone but it is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny,

    Nicely executed for the challenge, I like how you did the ribbon and I love that sentiment. Happy stamping..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The simply stunning cards can be so much harder to make than adding tons of stuff because everything counts LOL! This just goes to show us, you create just as "purty" without all the 'bellies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simply beautiful card. Love the ribbon treatment.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Smokes - GF - I'm blinded by all that white - LOL!!! But what can I say.....I love it!!! Fabo card - my friend!!! Your coloring rocks too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Jenny, I LOVE the crisp layout and the NEW dies from Spellbinders. Great card!!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it sure is purdy!

    Hope you've been ok--I was about to write you to see if you'd fallen into your die cutter or something!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this most certainly is outside your comfort zone, but I love it just the same! Beautiful card Jenny!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
    Have a great weekend.!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. While this may not have been comfortable for you, it certainly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so un-Jenny! But great! Love the simplicity. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  18. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

    But you survived and ended up with an amazingly beautiful card after all was said and done!! The colors are striking with all the WHITE! AWESOME job!! Now dive back into that bling box!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this is my favorite for the challenge. This card just jumped out at me.

    Thanks so much. I so enjoy checking out all the creations from Sharon's blog.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jenny-

    I LOVE this one, but I'm all about clean and simple. Your coloring is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its nice, clean and perfect! CT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girlfriend, this card don't need no stinkin' embellishments ;-) Totally, seriously gorgeous just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is plain for you, but it is a pretty card, especially the coloring (you can never hide that talent). See you Sunday.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha!!! I was laughing so hard as I read your post! So sorry the embellishment robber hit your house! She's been making the rounds I hear. LOL! I love your clean and simple design! That pop of red just sets the whole thing off!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Over the top fantastic Jenny! This bike is perfect on your crisp, white design!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! When I saw the white space challenge I stifled a groan. Your card is fabulous, truly! Way to go, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not sure what I can add that hasn't already been said - STUNNING card. You do CAS quite well, my friend. You should try it more often. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  28. stunnin!! Love the simplicty of this card, and the gorgeous red ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LMBO at the "Jenny was robbed!" statement! Too funny, but this is freakin' adorable! I LOVE that bicycle and the vibrant red of it and the ribbon, and LOVE the white on white! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I loved this card and was finally able to make my own version of it- http://lauriewe.wordpress.com/2009/09/20/happy-fall-yall/

    thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete