Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Stamp Simply #101 - A Patchwork of Polka Dots!

Stamp Simply #101 - August 21 - ssnotime101 - today’s challenge is about "Polka Dots". Sharon says "Let's Polka", use a stamp or incorporate an item on your card that has some polka dots. Upload your project to Splitcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime101". Head to Sharon's blog No Time to Stamp to see her Polka Dot creation for today and get all the details for the challenge.
-------------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the
Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: We welcome Pat Adam, our August Guest Designer, Janine, Jennifer, Julie , AJ, Tammy, Deb, and Barbara.
-------------------------------

This card took a million wrong turns from my original plan. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It looks too out of balance... I like all the elements, maybe just not the way I put them together. I love the sentiment, the small print under the saying is "said the cat with nine lives". This cat is the center kitty from a trio of cats on an image (a couple of posts down you can see the entire image on another card) from Coronado Island's new August release. I used a one inch punch for my squares adding a little ribbon tag. I think I fulfilled the polka dot part of the challenge. Maybe a little too much. I'll blame it on my cold! I feel better, but my nose is about ready to fall off it is so sore. I even bought the Puff's with Lotion, and which felt good at first, now it even feels like sandpaper. Hopefully my cold is on it's way out. Happy Friday everybody!!!

24 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun is this card, Jenny!! I love the background you created with the paper and ribbon tabs! Love the red in the sentiment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally different for you--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the latest cards, great color combos, great stamps and everything just goes so well together. I love the black and white with the cats especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cat image, its so stylish! love the sentiment and the colours you have chosen! fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Jenny!!
    Have a wonderful weekend.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Jenny! Very creative and unique ... LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card is perfectly balanced and it must have taken you forever to put it all together!! I love the combination of embossing and ribbon tabs - I'd never have the patience to create something this detailed! Nice Job, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute love that backgd
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card! LOVE the kitty and the sentiment is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card, a gorgeous background!!!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nifty card, that looks like a patchwork quilt. Love that phrase. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilted feel of your card is fabulous Jenny! I love the sentiment along with the ribbons and buttons as well! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun, fun background, looks like lots of work! So sorry about the nose. You know it's bad when even the good tissue feels like sandpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Jenny, Polka you did!!!! Stunning card. I love the way you did the BG with the different textures and Polka's ;P. Beautiful card!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I for one love this card! It has such texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catching up on my blurfing this morning...you have been doing more amazing work, Jenny! Wow! I love what you did with the ribbons on this one :) And thank you soooo much for your support this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that kitty image! and wow- this must have taken you a while!! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that checkerboard--polka dot background, Jenny! And, of course, I love the kitty!!! That sentiment is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your card turned out fabulous! And I really liked the layout! Love the cat stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jenny this looks great!
    I wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice compliment. I hope you'll visit often.
    Going to sign up for updates now for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darling, darling card -- LOVE that patchwork and your ribbon tabs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this design Jenny! TOO fun and so original! Those little ribbon tails look like cat tails peeking out! How fun!

    ReplyDelete