Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

OCC Color Challenge - Witchy has a Spa Day!

A new month brings a new hostess over at the OCC.... our August hostess, Loretta is starting off this month with a color challenge... PURPLE, all and any shades of purple!
-------------------------
So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
-------------------------

Whhhhhhaaaaat, PURPLE??? My least favorite color to work with. I don't know why, it just is. So this was a good challenge for me. Step out of your box Jenny!!! I added some non-purple embellishments.... I had to. But all my card stock is purple. I stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, but airbrushed that so it it would have a purple tone to it.


I love this image. Even Witchy needs a Spa Day, a rest from her evil doings!! This is a new release from Impression Obsession, and I'm happy to finally share that the new releases will be up on the IO website very soon! I created the background using a 1" and 3/4" circle punch. Popping the smaller circle up with a piece of foam tape. I added an orange dew drop in between each circle, the pictures don't really show these off too well. I used my Spellbinder's Labels Two to frame my image, hand trimming a few extra layers around the edges. I added some ribbon tags using SU's slot punch. I just had to throw some green in the mix to help pick up the green in Witchy's face mask. I added some Crystal Lacquer to her hat and shoes to help them stand out, and a touch of glitter on the bubbles. A few Green Buttons from Basic Grey in the corners. Some little white stitch marks and it's done. Final card size is 5 /2" Square.

21 comments:

  1. That is WAY cute--love her cucumber mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! You are rockin' the Halloween cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is beautiful, like the image and colours.

    Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is too cute love the ribbon treatment
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buttons in the corners and the dew drops were the right touch! Love it all, even the purple! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, she is such a hoot!!! You do purple VERY WELL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWW - Jenny - the image is hilarious!!! Fun, fun take on the purple challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I have a tough time with purple and orange...had to photograph too. your card with just a touch of green is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny :) Your card is wonderful, I LOVE your elements and adorable Halloween design! What a super fun image, I have to get that set in my hands!

    Have a wonderful weekend & thanks for hosting last months challenges!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha! What a funny card! I love the touches of green and orange. Your cards are sooo original! TFS!
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is marvelous!! Love that witch!! The ribbon and buttons really look great on this, as does the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jenny ... for being your least favorite color, you did an Awesome job on this card!! Love all the details on this creation! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is stunning. I just love the purple and mauve colours and the image is packed with character.
    Have a great Sunday
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw this on OCC! So cool! What a great card and great colors! You inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh... I love this image too and your colour combination is just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. saw this card on the challenge blog, and just had to pop across here. It made me laugh out loud!! Think this is such a brilliant card! Love it. Glad you were made to step out of your comfort zone because this is such a fab card - although I do agree that the touches of green make it!! inspirational!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card and the stamp! Colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete