Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

OCC Challenge - Sketch Time!

Our August hostess, Loretta is challenging the OCC and YOU
to create a card or project today using this sketch...

So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
--------------------------------

I combined the OCC sketch with TCP's Tuesday Challenge #73 this week, which was a great color challenge. I inked up my new Beach Bum Poochie and had fun making this card. I absolutely loved these colors together. I inked up the "Hot Stuff!" sentiment in Pacific Blue to create my background. After my minimalist card in the last post, you know I was gonna add lots of doodles and embellishments on this one! I paper pieced the umbrella with some Kiwi Kiss DP. Copics to color and airbrush the background. I used Spellbinder's New Labels Nine for Poochie and the sentiment, the sentiment label is turned on it's side and looks different, but both are the same shape. I dressed up Poochie's shorts with some snazzy Polka Dots and added Crystal Lacquer over the drink. I think his book is just a prop and he is really looking at the ladies. Some doodles, buttons, ribbon and jute string to finish things up.
  • Stamps: All stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pacific Point Blue
  • Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Kiwi Kiss DP, Chocolate Chip, Baja Blue, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Spellbinder's Labels Nine, Jute String, Misc. Buttons, Crystals, Baja Blue Ribbon, Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Micron Pen, Blue Souffle Pen, Slot Punch,Crystal Lacquer, Copics/ABS

15 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to say, FANTASTIC. Love the colors and all your added extras! He is a great image and I'm sure he's lookin' at the ladies. He's a DOG after all. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your interpretation of ths challenge. When I first saw the sketch I thought of a pull out card...but love your tag. It's fantastic. And, of course, everything looks like it goes together. Like the stamps were designed for this very layout. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME!! LOVE the scene you have created and your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jenny, I LOVE the colors and the fun doodling!

    Enjoy your weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a DARLING stamp. I love you color combinations Jenny! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! So glad to see you back in your element!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You clever girl you...you flipped the sketch!!! I love it!!! Your details are always fabulous!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, you da bomb!!!! I love this card - I need to chill and look like your dude on the beach, but it ain't gonna happen. Instead, I'll be inspired by your brilliant creation...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so funny! I love this image ans sentiment!!!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  10. great!! Love the layout image and colours!! just fab for those chaps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is adorable!!! Thanks for another fun sketch challenge on OCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card! I love how you flipped the sketch on this one and those colors are GORGEOUS!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny! This TCP card is just amazing. I'm thinkin' you might need my address so you can send it to me..ha! I just love it. As usual, you ROCK! Thanks for playing...again!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  14. looking at the ladies? LOL this is a cute stamp :) and what a fun card!! thanks for having me as the guest designer this week :)

    ReplyDelete