Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

OCC Challenge - Harvest Time

Our August hostess, Loretta is challenging the OCC and YOU to an Inspiration Challenge today. In rural communities it is time to Harvest the fruits of summer. Loretta has provided us with two pieces from Artist Lowell Herrero to inspire and spark your creative juices..... I think an Inspiration Challenge is open to any interpretation that inspires you, be it the theme or the colors... So when you see my card... you will know I went with the theme!
-------------------------------
So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
-------------------------------
I went with the Harvest "theme" for today's challenge and inked up these Apples. My first instinct was to make them Red Apples, but then I decided to go the other way.... that green ribbon has been sitting on my desk and I was determined to use rather than put it up! I also took inspiration again from the Belli Challenge #71 to use Wood on your creation. Since a wooden crate was in the image, I thought it was a good tie in. I am loving these new wood sheets from SU. I inked edges of the wood pieces with Taupe using a sponge to make them a little darker. Once I had the wood piece adhered to the cardstock, I used my Crop-a-Dial to punch the holes and set the eyelets, clean and neat right through the wood sheets. I colored the image with Copics and added a little shading under the image and some soft airbushing. I fussed up the edge with a Martha Stewart Border punch and threw some buttons with Jute string on as a finishing touch. Finished card is 5" Square.
  • Stamps: Image by SU from "For Father"
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Misc. Blue, Taupe by SU, Wood Sheets by SU, Misc. Light Grey, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Martha Stewart Punch, Skinny Jute String from Sharon, Spellbinder's Labels Three, Eyelets, Buttons, Green Ribbon from SU

22 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Like you colour combination and your interpretation of the images. I am trying to figure which bits are the wood sheets,I didn't know SU had such a product. Hope your having a most perfect day stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY, I know some green apple paper that would have been PERFECT on this card!!!! You're slipping, KKJ!

    Very cute card - love the alternating buttons and eyelets and the border on the left edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Jenny, this card is soooo creative! I love your layout and attention to detail - it totally brings this card to life! Fabulous work!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you keep coming up with these great ideas? Fantastic card and I LOVE green apples! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. I love your coloring and details. Thanks so much for playing with us over at the belli challenge blog and hope to see you play with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card - Jenny!!! I regret not getting this awesome set :(, but I love how you used it with todays challenge!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, Jenny, I think you have the best stamp collection ever!!! Come for a visit! Bring your stamps...

    This card is wonderful!!! Have a marvelous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is stunning those apples look delich! love how you have used all your finishing touches, the ribbon, string and buttons! just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful--and I love those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heavens Jenny! This is stunning. the layers, coloring, lovely greens, just everything. Seriously one of my favs you have ever made!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Jenny, what a beautiful card and design! I LOVE the gorgeous layout and detail and your coloring makes it all pop!

    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, I love green apples...and those inpsiration prints are so rich in color...I have one by this designer in reds and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so super fantastic!! I'm so glad you went with the green apples instead of red! What a fun challenge this was!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, this is too cool, love what you did with the ribbon and buttons and border punch. And I like the blue/green combo. You are so krafty, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this one!! I love the colors and the way you designed the ribbon horizontally!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving everything you've got going on. I'm especially diggin all of the textures. I love cards with things you can touch and feel. Great colored image. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very unique and gorgeous, as usual. But I agree with Robin, that green apple paper would have looked great on that!!! Hehehehe.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful. Love the rustic ambiance you created. Makes me thinkg of a farm.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so much detail! it looks perfect all put together! CT

    ReplyDelete