Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

OCC Challenge - Chistmas in August

Our August hostess, Loretta is challenging the OCC and YOU to create a Holiday card or project today. So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
-----------------------------
I have been making Christmas cards early this year-- for once!!! I am getting ahead of the game instead of my usual rush around December 15th! These trees are actually a stamp of five trees, but I cut it down and just used the trio. Colored in with Copics, as usual. Spica Red on the red ornaments and then coated the tree toppers and the red ornaments with crystal lacquer. I added a trio of buttons to match the tree toppers, stringing them with jute string and fraying the edges. Some paper piercing and doodles to finish it off. Final card size is an A2.

16 comments:

  1. I love your tree trio! That blue sure does add some unexpected punch too. Wonderful card, Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those skinny trees-like the primitive look. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS!!! Your trees look spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I am lovin' these Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the detail; the bow, the buttons, the stitch marks..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your Impression Obsession Christmas cards -- this one and the one earlier. I think I love all things Impression Obsession, but your designs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trees are too cute Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, I love how you carried the circles throughout the card, on the trees, the buttons, the DP and the Cuttlebug folder. Everything ties in so perfectly. Great card, will have to get my Christmas stamps out and play along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and layout Jenny, I LOVE the fun images and beautiful detail on each of the trees.

    Have a fun weekend! Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Xmas creation. Love how the three buttons matches the colours of the embellishments on the tree tops.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous x-mas card - Jenny!!! I love everything about it!!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Jenny. Love the color combo - the yellow and blue are a nice, unexpected pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, what a lively looking xmas card! wow! the doodling is perfection and the use of crystal lacquer is a NICE touch - adding the buttons with more twine was the perfect finishing touch! :) BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card, a gorgeous image, beautifully coloured.
    Simone

    ReplyDelete