Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

OCC Challenge - Celebrate the IN colors!

Our August hostess, Loretta is challenging the OCC and YOU to create a card or project today using the NEW IN COLORS from Stampin Up! If you don't have the exact colors you can, of course ,use something close to it.
So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
-----------------------------


I was in the mood to color. So color I did! I used Copics to color my Harvest Pickings Scene . I airbrushed around the edges with yellow and taupe, adding some shading underneath the image to help ground it. I inked up the Celebrate Tag with Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango, then trimmed it out and roughed up the edges a bit before sliding it in between my layers. The IN COLOR card stock I used for today's challenge card are: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Soft Suede DP - and the reverse side of that was the tiny green polka dots. I embellished liberally (when don't I??) with Buttons, Silk Ribbon, Jewels, Border Punches and finished it off with what else, but a few doodle stitch marks. Finished card size is 6" Square.

27 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, Love the colours you went with. There are rumours that they are not going to be available in OZ because our catalogue is not changing until 2010 when yours does. Beautiful card with so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - very fall-ish. Your coloring is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Jenny! THose are perfect fall-ish colours and your colouring is MAGNIFICENT!

    I feel the same way you do about the new colours... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous *fall* card Jenny!!! You rocked the new In-Colors :)!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most beautiful card ever! I absolutely love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty fall card. Love it (and your coloring!)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulously colored image and LOVE your button detailing -- GREAT card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful and just perfect in every way! You do such a great job!
    Pattyjo :+)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous hun - I really loive the oranges and greens, and your bow is amazing!! Gorgeous card
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny :) What a beautiful card, I LOVE the colors you picked and the extra doodling on the layers!

    Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZER, Jenny, what a stunning card. I love those colors together and that bow, wow, it sure looks good. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card just perfect for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome job you did on this creation!! LOVE the fall colors ... fantastic coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word is that ever one GORGEOUS card!! Love the shades of orange, your coloring, and the ribbon/button treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny love your colors, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing coloring! What a fabulous card. The details are really something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING use of most of these colors, Jenny! And tht harvest image has some great details, really enjoy the way you color and doodle - adding those buttons with silk ribbon is a nice finishing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Jenny. This is beautiful, love the bright orange and the softer brown DP. Your coloring is beautiful and of course, your embellishments are perfectly balanced. Great bow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card; just love the fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Jenny - this is STUNNING! Really beautiful coloring, and I love the layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jenny, this card is just beautiful. You inspire me to try new things. Thanks! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't believe I almost missed this one...it is gorgeous in every way. Colors, layout, embellishments well doggone it as I said, it is just a real beauty! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi!!
    I was gotten passionate for its blog and mainly for its works! I am Brazilian and I decided give to you a friendship stemp for your blog.
    I wait that it likes Cynthia Lloréns http://cyndiscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete