Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Imagination Butterfly

I like this quote! This was a fun little card. I used a simple outline stamp of a Butterfly image, stamping it twice on the ivory. A third time, I stamped it over a printed butterfly image on the DP (the same Butterfly DP used in the background) to get the detailing on the butterfly wings. I used Perga Glue which is a fancy type of silicone glue for crafts --dries clear and it is not ooeey gooey gross like the cheap stuff (ummm... yes, I know that from a messy experience). Anyway, I popped some perga glue in between the layers of my wings and they stand right up, you can mail it and the wings are going to keep the lift and not flatten out. You can barely see a hint of the clear silicone in between in my pic to the right. I used some jute string to embellish my Spellbinder's Scalloped Oval, by winding it around and in between each little scallop. I added a teeny teeny bit of Spica gold to the butterfly wings for a little sparkle, looks better in person than in the pic! A few little buttons along the bottom to finish it up. I love, love, love ivory and black together. Card size is an A2.

5 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    well that's my opinion, anyway =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! Love the sentiment..and such a beautiful card! love the colour combo, the way the wings of the butterfly are 3d. Also love the stitching detail and how you have used the buttons!! such a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Good thing "imagination" is more important or I would be in a world of hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful B&W creation!! LOVE what you've done with the butterfly for dimension!!! I clicked for a closer look and the gold on the winges is perfect ... nice touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job with the black and ivory! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete