Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Fall Floral....

This is one of those cards that went in ten different directions before it finished to be this. My flowers ended up really more orange than I had intended. So, I changed my color scheme to match them and made it more of a Fall Floral. I created the background with a Cuttlebug folder, brayering gold over the raised portions, then I added some clear EP to give the gold stripes a little sheen. The flowers I colored with Copics, airbrushing around the image while it was still snug in the Nestie Die to keep my clean edge. It looks white in the pic, but it is Ivory. I found these strange buttons in my stash. I think they came in a big grab bag of buttons from Mike's. I trimmed the shanks off of them and then used Perga 3-D Glue to attach them -- It's like silicone. Since I had raised my image panel, the silicone was the perfect adhesive to make sure it was adhered at the same height as the panel.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Repeat Impressions: Tulip Bouquet # 912-K, Just a Note # 2512-E
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Brown, Gold Pigment
  • Paper: Misc. DP, Chocolate Chip, Neenah Environment Ivory, Sage Green
  • Other: Misc. Buttons, White Gel Pen, Gold Gel Pen, Micron Pen, Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles, Cuttlebug Folder, Mini Brayer, Copics, Perga 3-D Glue

18 comments:

  1. Love the fall colors of your pretty card. The different looking buttons look great on this card. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall colors and the image is gorgeous!! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Jenny. Love that floral stamp and those buttons are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty Jenny - the orange and fall colours of this image are just gorgeous! Those buttons really work well too!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is beautiful. Love the autumn colours.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so beautiful
    I have two favorites so far and they are "green eyes and whiskers" and my all time favorite "Shabby Train". That card so was beautiful I had to put it in my favorites. You are a wonderful artist
    Pattyjo :+)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card!! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! whatever happens to the cards we start out making?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, Just stopping in and admiring your artwork. Your flower card is lovely. Isn't it funny how a card can change from our original concept.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooooooooooooooooooo...this is a beautiful card! Some seriously cool buttons too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Jenny! LOVE this card! Your coloring is amazing, and LOVE those brads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HaHa ... don't you just hate when that happens!! But it was meant to be because this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Awesome creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those buttons are so cool! They look like they are pointing to the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous...Love your card.... beautiful buttons and colors used.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this. Very "you". MLN

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is so pretty! I love fall and I love your accents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The whole card is gorgeous and the buttons are wondeful!

    ReplyDelete