Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

CAKE!

Wanna know more about me and why I blog???
Well, my blog buddy Toni Armstrong asked me if she could feature little ole me in her Featured Friday Blogger posting. Um, of course!!! What a thrill and I am totally honored to be invited, Thank you Toni!!! Toni sent me over a list of questions to answer..... I tried not to sound too cheeeesy, and I answered them. So please head over to Toni's awesome blog Moved to the Mountains to see lots of fab cards created by Toni and a learn a few facts about my blogging experience in her post for today!
------------------------------------------
The TCP Tuesday Challenge this week is hosted by Susan. The challenge she issued was to use a CAKE image on our creation. You can find the details here: TCPTUES#70. YES, I know it's Friday now!!! I'm just getting to it!!! So here is my CAKE card. I don't know if green icing is very appealing, but it went with my color scheme. My cake image panel is cut out from the inside frame of a Spellbinder's Die "Polka Dot Frame". I fussed it it up with some Copics and doodles around the edges. I used my craft knife to make a slit in the sides to poke my ribbon thru, wrapping it around to the scalloped oval behind the cake panel. I added a triple loop bow, made of course with the Bow Easy. A little cuttlebug action, using the de-bossed side of Swiss dots in the background, some white gel pen stitch marks and added my sentiment on the bottom to finish it off. The colors on this card are kinda weird, I know. At first I liked them, then towards the end, not so much. LOL! Final card size is an A2.

10 comments:

  1. Uh, green cake...no. However, I have seen a purple wedding cake! Interesting mix of colors and patterns. I gotta remember dots and dashes on my cards!

    Cathy Hughes
    http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading that interview with you! I love seeing your card pictures and enjoying stories about the cat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jenny. You are a perfect choice for a Featured Blogger. And I love this card, my kind of colors (no pink, lol) Great choice of DP and textures and embellishments. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How really pretty and fun too! You really do a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Jenny! I like the colors on your card. Interesting ribbon treatment and nice doodles.

    Sad thing is I love cake and have little willpower, so even green icing wouldn't make me think twice ... Looks yummy to me!

    I going to read your interview next.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, but this cake will not do at all.

    Whaddya mean, NO CHOCOLATE?!? This is a CRIME!

    And I enjoyed reading your interview. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove this card - and am so glad that you agreed to be part of FBF - especially in these early days!! Thank you!

    Have a SUPER weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Jenny :) You should be featured every day! LOVE your card, it's VERY pretty!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always love your cards, and this one was no exception. It was great to get to know you better through the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the ribbon. its perfect and especially with the pearls- to add a little something. good idea! CT

    ReplyDelete