Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trick or Treat Tuesday!

That's right, I'm posting a Halloween card in July. I have had a blast making samples with Impression Obsession's new releases. All of the new releases will be available on August 1st. I love that we can go ahead and share some ahead of time. I thought this crow image would be really fun to dress up with bling. I added a hint of Shimmerz gold paint to the leaves and the stars. The large moon and all the small crescent moons I also coated with Shimmerz Angel Wings White, then I added a coat of Crystal Lacquer over that. You can still the Shimmer thru the Lacquer. The ribbon was white and black, I just used a Copic to change the color to fit the card. Lots of little doodles here and there to edge everything as well as a little strip of rainbow tape. Final card size is 5 1/2" Square.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome card Jenny, I LOVE the beautiful shimmer and wonderful spookey design!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love this one! That star/moon stamp is perfect with the birdie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to feel the fall air! I enjoy seeing Halloween decorations. I like the IO stamps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny this is the perfect Halloween card!really like how you framed the crow and the ribbon is nicely added in (great idea to use the Copics to change it up); really like the layout too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, if you can post a Christmas card in July, why not a Halloween card?? Great job - love the moons and stars and all the glimmer and bling! I want to doodle and faux stitch like you when I grow up....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow!!! This is fabulous! Love everything about it. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is an awesome card!
    I absolutely loved those stamped images, and love the little details you added to them.
    Viva la Halloween in July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jenny! I LOVE making Halloween cards-it's my favorite holiday!!! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card, Jenny! I love the faux stitching - and that image is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crow looks so cool & spooky!! I love all of your fantastic layers, and your stitching!! Such a great Halloween card, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this. Halloween and Christmas are my faves and this is a really cool image. Great doodling and wonderful fall colors.

    ReplyDelete