Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stamp Simply #98 - Lovely Lace!

Stamp Simply #98 - July 31 - ssnotime98 - today’s challenge is "Lovely Lace". Sharon says we need to incorporate some kind of lace on our card... could even be a punch, sticker or a stamp that looks like lace. Upload your project to Splitcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime98". Head to Sharon's blog No Time to Stamp to see her lace creation for today and get all the details for the challenge.
-------------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the
Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Rose Ann Reynolds - July's Guest Designer, Jennifer, AJ, Tammy, Barbara, Julie and Deb.
-------------------------------
I liked how this card turned out, it's different looking for me. I used a variation of last week's Mojo Monday sketch with the three panels in the background. I Stamped Simply in black and used a red Copic to high light in the letters of "Greetings". My lace is narrow so I added four strips of it to the bottom of the card to make it a little more prominent. I also glued it to the back of the oval under my sentiment, with just the little fringe part hanging out. since it was pretty narrow and thin, it was easy to manipulate to go around the oval. I dressed up the sentiment with lots of Nestie layers, I one of the scallop layers I added an adhesive gold nailhead to every other scallop edge. I finished it off with a few little doodles (imagine that) and some buttons along the lace edge.
  • Stamps: Season's Greetings # 117804-DX by Coronado Island
  • Paper: DP by Graphic 45 Botanicabella Collection # 4500046 (Holly on one side, Greenery on the flip side), Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Red, Gold
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other: Gold Adhesive Nailheads, Copics/ABS, Buttons by Basic Grey, Misc Lace, Gold Gel Pen, Spellbinder's Petite Ovals, Black Micron Pen

22 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenny, this is so cool!!! Love the way you've wrapped that narrow lace around several times. I just used that same lace trim in a a much simpler project today ;D. Those buttons you've added are really cool looking and those nailhead thingies look perfect on the scalloped oval. Might just have to case that idea ;P. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty love those buttons and lace very vintage great job as always
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so "rich" and warm, Jenny. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wwow, wow! I love your spin on this card!!! That bit of trim going around the oval is fab.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, card, Jenny!! Love that lace trim across the bottom and the totally cool treatment of the main focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous around the oval!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fancy with all the lace trip and the gold nailheads! Glad to see you're still alive - you've been pretty quiet all week....but so have I! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful. Love the warm and rich colours.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic creation!! Love your choice of lace and that Graphic45 paper is one of my favorites!! Awesome!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm getting out my graphic 45 paper for christmas! love the layers of lace. Great job. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy schmoly you got the lace thing down pat. This card is awesome..great paper, love the oval cut , buttons and well it rocks ! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZER, Jenny, is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, if you say it was easy to manipulate around the oval, I'll believe you but I bet I would not have had the patience for it! LOL Very lovely card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Christmas card is sooo gorgeous with all of your fabulous lace, and your pretty papers!! I love the buttons too!! Wonderful card, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am drooling over this card! The papers are scrummy, love the buttons, and the fringe is YUMM-O!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card! Love the lace with the buttons... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card! I have been making at least one Christmas card a week since the first of the year. I have saved this to my files as another idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun and perky design! Love this Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous Jenny... As is all your work... I love the Halloween card below!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful and I love what you did with the lace and the nailheads too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, oh MY!!! The lace, the buttons, colors, the layers -- I LOVE it all!!! WAY to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! this is a perfect card. it looks amazing. what an good way to use you accessories. i absolutly love it! CT

    ReplyDelete