Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Stamp Simply #97 - Get Fruity!

Stamp Simply #97 - July 24 - ssnotime97 - today’s challenge is "Fruit of the Vine". Sharon says we need to get fruity, incorporating an image or paper that is fruit themed. Upload your project to Splitcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime97". Head to Sharon's blog No Time to Stamp to see her creation for today and get all the details for the challenge.
-------------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Rose Ann Reynolds - July's Guest Designer, Janine, Jennifer, AJ, Tammy, Barbara, Julie and Deb.
-------------------------------

I have a lot of fruit stamps, all very clean, too clean, meaning this was a great challenge to make me pull them out and ink something up! I won't tell you how many pear stamps I have, or how many have never seen ink. Yikes, it's not often I can shock myself, but I have a few!!! I colored the pear and the words with Copics, adding a little airbrushing around the edges with a Copic W3. The Pear Words background I inked up with Kiwi Kiss, then tapped a little brown on it too before stamping. The striped background is cuttlebugged, then inked with Brown using my mini brayer which only gets ink on the embossed portions, then I edged the embossed lines with a white gel pen. I fussed it up with some buttons and embellishments. Finished card size is 6" square.

29 comments:

  1. VERY cool card! LOVE that image -- so fun and love your buttons and little string bows - too cute!!! LOVELY job on this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with what you have done to the CB'd panel - I feel some inspiration coming on, thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card! I was thinking more along the lines of straight-jackets and cereal... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card - I can't believe how fast you put it all together! Love the pear image and all your buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very creative and lovely card you have done. I love the colors and the buttons really add a lot to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is amazing!! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very classy card. Great all the way around. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very cool card Jenny - your embossed stripes are done so brilliantly and I particularly love how you've outlined them! A really beautiful card!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a really nice card has a classy & elegant look
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! Love all your elements ... perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! This is one of your best! Did you do this last night when you got home!? Dinner must have inspired you!! Fabulous. White lines on the CB is the perfect accent!! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one! It's AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Jenny! I love how elegant this is, but the rustic touches with the linen thread and distressed stripes pull it all together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is just so very pretty, Jenny!! I just love the abstract feel to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fantastic images, Jenny...and I love your layout too!! Your embossed background turned out amazing, and I love all of your pretty buttons too!! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card! I have both of those stamps, and they have seen ink, but it has probably been at least 8-10 years since I used them ***sigh***

    I love love LOVE your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THE COLORS.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  18. KKJ, you could have done a card with a "raspberry martini" on it????

    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it!! I love any botanicals and his is gorgeous! And your buttons and string are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the stitching, buttons and bow really helps the card be flawless. Amazing! CST

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this one! The buttons on buttons, the string.... The backgrounds - this really works and I love a card that is all do-dadded up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just such a regal looking card Jenny! It's a real WOWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow for being a simple card, this is really elegant. I love buttons, I don't use them often but I sure love them on cards. This is a great card, fantastic design and perfectly embellished. Is there a story behind the pear collection....?

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a fun card!! love that pair image-

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a fun card!! love that pair image-

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an amazing card! fabulous papers, so perfect for that image!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay, Jenny - What's with the pear stamp collection? I love it. Wish I had this collection! I have this pear dissection stamp with the dragonfly, but I love this pear. Hmmmm... think I need to go shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this image. Great card, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Warm and lovely. Somehow I just can't seem to layer like you and others. Love this.

    ReplyDelete