Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Stamp Simply #96 - Black and White!

Stamp Simply #96 - July 17 - ssnotime96 - today’s challenge is to make a project of understated elegance using black and white. If you need to add in a little pop of another color, that’s fine, as long as the project is primarily black and white and its overall feel is that of understated elegance. Upload your project to Splitcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime96". Head to Sharon's blog No Time to Stamp to see her creation for today and get all the details for the challenge.
-------------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the
Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Rose Ann Reynolds - July's Guest Designer, Janine, Jennifer, AJ, Tammy, Barbara, Julie and Deb.
-------------------------------

Well, I guess I had a hard time interpreting "understated elegance". I just went for Black and White! It looks a little fussy, but this is SIMPLE. The floral stamp and the coordinating background stamp are both from Impression Obsession. The background is white embossed on black paper. The flower I stamped and then embossed four times - 2 black on white and 2 white on black. When I emboss I always use Versamark and Detail Embossing Powder. After I had my four flowers, I took the scissors to them and cut the bottom white flower out in it's entirety. The other three flower images were all trimmed and petal pieces cut out, the circles in the center were cut with Nesties.... then you just arrange the layers. I did use a very cool new product on this project. In the past I have tried to work with silicone to give my projects lift, but not add a bulky glue spot. Especially when you are adding small things like petal tips and foam tape just is too bulky. I have never been satisfied with a silicone type product.... until now. My pal Jerri turned me on to this glue --- she uses it and now I do to! It is Perga 3-D Glue. Here's the part Jerri has been waiting for: Jerri -You were right - I love it! I finished the medallion off with some added pearls and simple ribbon strip-- There is so much going on, I don't think the card could handle much more!

20 comments:

  1. oh wowsers! Black and White makes for such a classy and dramatic card! Great card!! Hey, I used a fluffle some dandy stamper gifted me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This artwork is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that background stamp. Hope I get to see this one in person....it's a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the ribbon and that amazing flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I wish I had a black dress as gorgeous as this card Jenny, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty & elegant love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! I LOVE that big 'ole flower!!! Definitely elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowie! this is quite striking!
    love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. White embossing on black is just gorgeous! This is elegant and that dimension is divine! I am definitely going to try that glue-sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you've defined elegance just beautifully! The layers are so pretty--but the pearls really make a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning, Jenny!! Your gorgeous layered flower looks incredible, and I love all of the pearl details!! I love your beautiful ribbon as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. U know me loves the black and white! Very classy and gorgeous, as usual.

    Ok, so where do we get this wonderful new glue???? DUH????

    Hope you are having a great bitchy Friday off? Hehehehehehe.

    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sophistocated and beautiful! Elegant too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - GF - this card is amazing!!! I l.o.v.e black and white cards!!
    Have a great weekend...see ya tomorrow for the OCC :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome card, Jenny. I may have to come over for a playdate to try out that glue and see this IRL.


    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this duo and what you did with them. I have this set and you really inspire me to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunner! This is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous, Jenny! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How very, very cool and creative! LOVE all those layers and texture! What a GREAT creation!!!

    ReplyDelete