Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge - Seashell Symphony

This week our July hostess, ME, has challenged the OCC and YOU with a Sketch Challenge...

------------------------

We also have a guest designer with us this week. Please welcome the very talented Kecia Hicks with an adorable card for the Sketch Challenge posted on the OCC and her blog. You can find Kecia's awesome designs on her blog Stamping Deets . Thanks Kecia for joining us for this week's sketch challenge!

------------------------

This week as a treat for playing in the Challenge, we have a $25 gift certificate up for grabs from Impression Obsession that will be awarded to someone that joins in this week's challenge. Just to let you know Impression Obsession will have all new Fall and Holiday images on the IO store web site starting August 1st.... just in time for the winner to get some brand new rubber!

------------------------

So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Vicki Garrett, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.

------------------------Since it was my Sketch Challenge this week -- I figured I better get it right and not flub any details of the sketch! LOL! I printed it out and had it on the desk -- and still -- I goof it up! The three bars on my card are all scrunched up near the top, in the sketch above and all the other OCC samples they are all nice and evenly spaced out! The adhesive on the little tiles was not going to be moved with out some damage.... so once again I messed the sketch up! My OWN sketch!!! Geez!

The inspiration for this card totally came from the Bo Bunny Paper in this pic! I LOVE it! I knew I wanted to use these images from Impression Obsession... and then I found this paper in the stash.... I don't know if shells are this color in nature or not, but I was gonna use this FAB paper!!! I created the background paper on the Oval and Sentiment Strip by stamping one of the new background stamps from IO using River Rock, just adding a little subtle texture. I sponged some River Rock and Versafine Brown along the edges, then roughed the edges up using my scissors edge. I stamped the shell image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored using Copics, choosing colors that coordinated with the DP. I added a little bit of gold gel pen on the shell, just adding some small dots along the edges to bring the gold in to my image since I was using it in the layers. I also highlighted some of the lines in the shell using a clear glaze pen, which is hard to see, enlarge the pics for a better look. The shell is cut out and popped on the oval. I added some little jute string, my doodles and these fab little adhesive mosaic pieces to finish it up. The finished card is 5x7.

  • Stamps: All Stamps by Impression Obsession - Sentiment "Listen" #D4368, Nautilus Shell # F4345, Cover a Card Background Stamp "Fluff" # CC014
  • Ink: Versafine Brown, Memento Tuxedo Black, River Rock
  • Paper: DP by Bo Bunny "Beautiful Life" # 12BL967, Gold, Rusty Brown, Ivory, Neenah Classic Solar Crest White
  • Other: Copics, Mosiac Adhesive Tiles, Brown Micron Pen, Pearls, Skinny Jute String from Sharon, Gold Gel Pen, Clear Glaze Pen, Spellbinders Oval Nesties

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Jenny. Love the shell and the sentiment, and of course all your little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm-o! That Bo Bunny paper is fabulous. Your coloring is PERFECT. The tiles are an inspired embellishment. Awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it Jenny ... wonderful shell on your card too

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me to get out that BB paper! Lovely.
    MLN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Jenny, thanks so much for the fun sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the fun Sketch - GF!!! I think your card turned out amazing!!! I love the little Mosaic tiles - super cool embellishment!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a truly gorgeous card Jenny - your sketch is fabulous! And those little tiles are awesome! Your sentiment is so perfect for that shell image - really beautiful work!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jenny! You have outdone yourself. This is AMAZING and I just love those little tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background paper is wonderful but your coloring is just stunning. You did an awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card blows me away! It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Jenny, your sketch was amazing and I had a blast with your challenges this month! Your card is beautiful and the close-up detail on the shell is SO pretty!

    Have a fun weekend! Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card. Lovely colors and coloring.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Gorgeous artwork, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks 4 dropping by on my blog and your sweet compliments.

    I really love your beautiful card, and the way how you coloured that shell.

    Greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is stunningly beautiful. So much detail to look at and a brilliant interpretation of the sketch.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous and should be framed!

    ReplyDelete