Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

OCC Color Challenge - Patriotic Sprinkle

This week our new July hostess, which is ME has issued the Color Challenge of “Red, White and Blue" as your color combo. What else could I do for today? It is the Fourth of July! It does not have to be Patriotic Themed -- and you can can use any shades of those colors that inspire you. Head to the OCC Blog for all the details.
-------------------------------------
This week as a treat for playing in the OCC Challenge we have one of the very swanky and Newly Released sets from The Cat's Pajamas - "Happy Camper" that will be awarded to someone that joins in this week's challenge. A very big Thank you to Alma at The Cat's Pajamas for hosting this week's prize and for creating some seriously swanky stamps for our stamping pleasure! To enter for your chance to win you have to create a card and leave a link/comment to your creation on the OCC Blog!
-------------------------------------
We also have a Guest Designer with us for this week, my stamp pal Sandy Hulsart, who maintains TWO blogs! One for her delightful card creations that she colors expertly with Copics: Creative Moments with Sandy and the other blog is dedicated to her amazing talent creating Stampscapes Scenes ...Scenes by Sandy. Thank you Sandy for playing along with us this week!
-------------------------------------
So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Vicki Garrett, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
-------------------------------------Some might say that this new Fleur de Lis Pendant Die from Spellbinders is too fancy for little Sprinkle, but I say nothing is too fancy for Sprinkle in her Fourth of July Holiday garb! My new Spellbinder's dies landed today (WOOOOHOOO!) and I HAD to use this one ASAP! I think it can be very fancy and fun too! Ms. Sprinkle has her Holiday Hat on today and sends Happy Fourth of July Wishes out to you all! This die is really limitless in how you can use the elements whole and or cut them, back the openings with other colors.... well, suffice to say that I like it! I knew it would be a little busy so I kept the stamps and layers other than the pendant pretty simple. I added my usual doodles where I could. I know Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red are goners, but I am having some separation anxiety and can not put them away yet. Finished card size is 5" Square. Everybody --have a Happy and Safe Fourth of July!
  • Stamps: All Stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Baja Breeze, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Baja Breeze Ribbon, Riding Hood Red Ribbon, Red Micron Pen, Black Micron Pen, Crystals, Copics/ABS, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Pendant

24 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Happy 4th of July. Hope you enjoy the celebrations. Sprinkles is certainly looking smart for the Grand occasion. I love these new Spellbinders dies and especially the one you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most fabulous Independence day card I have seen yet. That is one cool cat. I love all the shapes; I see that I am gonna NEED those pendant dies...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and all the detail you put into it - doodles, dots, ribbons and jewels! Happy 4th of July!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card Jenny! Love your patriotic cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Sprinkles is so fancy! I can't wait to get the pendant die! LOVE what you did with it. And, you used one of my fav color combos. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - I think Sprinkles deserves all this glitz and glamour - LOL!!!
    Fabulous card - love that new spellbinder die!!!

    Have a *Happy 4th of July* weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely NOT to fancy for that swanky kitty...this is AMAZING, Jenny!!! Thanks for a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoos yo mama!!!!! I love it! Now how did you get that die already?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Jenny! This is fantastic! Love all your layers and the pretty colour combo!!!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is a great card. Love that Spellbinder's die, it is really the only new one that I want. This card is spectacular for being so simple. You have the patience of a saint to add all those dots and dashes, but it certainly makes the card. And love the Baja Breeze, Riding Hood red combination. Thanks again for asking me to be a Guest Designer at the OCC, I am honored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Card is a spectacular spectacle!!! Love the new dies. You used them well. Sprinkles is one patriotic kitty!
    Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh fun, I can't believe you have that die so quick. love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This is truly INCREDIBLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, this is adorable! I'm with you, I LOVE that new pendant, and I LOVE how you used it! Happy 4th to you too! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOnderful card Jenny, I LOVE the Nestie die and your gorgeous detail around it! LOVE the fun design and challenge!

    Hope you had a wonderful 4th! LOTS of hugs,Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card and cool cat are fantastic. I love the bold look to it. Very striking. Hugs to you, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous! I LOVE that Fleur de lis diecut! It adds such an awesome look to this great card! I love your doodling too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! If this doesn't make you stand up and cheer, I don't know what will.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jenny! This is AMAZING! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous and a nice change on the usual stars and stripes designs for the 4th of July. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh!! I just LOVE all the layers here! So very pretty, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenny, no matter what the subject, your cards are so classy. This one is awesome. I love Ms. Sprinkle in her hat. Thanks for alerting me to Sandy's Scenes blog - how amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely ADORE this, Jenny! Sprinkle ALWAYS looks fab, and you've built an amazing card around her!

    ReplyDelete