Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

OCC Challenge - Triple Play!

This week our July hostess, ME, has challenged the OCC and YOU to a TRIPLE PLAY Challenge... Less is not always more! You must pick at least three types of embellishments to use on your card or project. These are your choices: Brads, Eyelets, Bling, Ribbon, Buttons, Thread/Floss, Beads, Charms, Rub Ons, Liquid Applique, Crystal Lacquer.
-------------------------
This week we have
Jerri Jimenez (aka Jerri Kay on Splitcoast) with us, sharing her wonderful art as the guest designer for this week. If you are not familiar with Jerri's inspiring art and designs you must head to her beautiful blog A Touch of Grace. Her creations are so detailed and amazing, they are pure eye candy! Jerri is also sponsoring this week's prize with a $25 Gift Certificate to her very NEW on line store A Touch of Grace -Paper Boutique. Head to the OCC Blog to get the details!
------------------------
So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Vicki Garrett, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
------------------------

Well.... I just couldn't stop with this card. I kinda worked on it here and there all day, each time adding more and more! I started out with a Brass Stencil, dry embossing and trimming the frame out with my craft knife. Then I ended up sorta covering the pretty inside of the frame up... but where the card goes-- sometimes no one knows! I love the bordering frame of the stencil. I colored the ark and the animals with Copics. I added some extra waves, and I coated it with Crystal Lacquer. As the Crystal Lacquer just began to settle and dry - I took a toothpick to it kind of roughing up the smooth surface, to help make it look like water. You can see what I mean a little bit better in the close up, click on it to enlarge it. I went a little nuts adding embellishments... but that is the Challenge today, so I felt good about being able to load it on! The image and the background stamp I used are both new Summer CHA releases from Impression Obsession. The finished card is 6x6.

18 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Jenny, oh my gosh, you covered so many of the required elements! Love your stamp, so adorable and your coloring is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, all those layers are DIVINE! This is an adorable Noah card. It looks like a wall panel. It would make a really cute mural on a nursery wall - WITH all the layer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - this card is soooo precious and beautiful!!! Look at all these wonderful embellishments you've added - love them!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Stay cool - Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Jenny!!! The sketch, the image...so fantastic!!!! So sorry I wasn't able to play today...it'll be the first challenge I do in my new room though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun Jenny I love your triple play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you go again -- sucking me into loving a BROWN card! That image is to die for and sailing on the sea of blue is just too cute! You did go all out - again! - I'd hate to follow you around a crafts store and pick up your bill........ If I think I'm broke, you must have the national debt on your conscience!!! You do the greatest work and I adore every post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness...that card is wonderful. The depth of layers is amazing. I could look at it all day. Your work is just beautiful. I'm always running to see your post when I see you have updated. I'm curious if you sell your cards or do you use them to send to people?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, Jenny, this is a absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! Ready to put in a frame :D:D:D. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jenny, I just LOVE all of the fun layers and your adorable design! Thanks for another awesome challenge!

    Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you have always been the master of embellishments! You have the magic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling card. I love the whole way you put it together. Very interesting design!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, this is totally totally gorgeous! The image is so sweet, your colouring fabulous, the layout amazing and all the little embellies are SWEET!!!!


    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd give it a 10....PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had to tell you this is so lovely as always and love the details and that background too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderfully beautiful and sweet card. Love that darling image.. so beautifully colored. And so much fun detail and embellishments. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cutest ark I have ever seen -- I LOVE this -- just darling!

    ReplyDelete