Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

OCC Challenge - Pet Parade!

This week our July hostess, ME, has challenged the OCC to create a Parade of cards or a project using "Pets" as the focus... a cat or dog, or other animal image. Head to the OCC Blog for all the details.
---------------------------------
This week as a treat for playing in the Challenge we have a $25 gift certificate up for grabs from Dog Gone Stamps that will be awarded to someone that joins in this week's challenge. A very big Thank you to Nancy at Dog Gone Stamps for hosting this week's prize and for creating some totally wonderful stamps that capture and celebrate our pets!
---------------------------------
We also have a guest designer with us this week. Please welcome Robin Kirkpatrick, who made a FAB kitty card for the challenge! You can find more of Robin's great designs and her OCC card for today on her cleverly named blog Robin's Rubber Room. Thanks Robin for joining us for this week's challenge!
---------------------------------
So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Vicki Garrett, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
---------------------------------
Here is my little card for the Pet Challenge.... Yeah, I know I am a cat person, so what's up with another dog on my blog? This is a cutie! AND who doesn't smile when they see a little doggie? So my card is pretty simple. Mr Westie is colored with Copics. And here is what I used for the Frame/ Photo Corners....
I used one of the Spellbinder's NEW Pendants "In Spades" to create the photo holder type frame. I die cut the pendant and embossed it, then I cut it in two halves and trimmed out the middle portion. This left two pieces, the top and bottom of the pendant shape which you see on my card. When I saw this die I thought it might be cool to use this way, with the little pieces acting as photo corners. So I was anxious to give it a try. I am enjoying the pendants from Spellbinder's - Fun and Different, and I think they have a lot of potential to be used in different ways.
Check out another card I made using this same image CLICK HERE.

  • Stamps: Westie by Dog Gone Stamps, Sentiment from Studio G
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP from Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Red, Navy, Curious Cryogen White
  • Other: Spellbinder's In Spades Pendant Die, Copics/ABS, Ribbon by SU, White Gel Pen

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny

    Definately a cutie, love this little dog image. Looks like he's dressed up with some where to go. Like the way you used the spellbinders die too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - can't believe his little jacket isn't paper pieced....you did that with Copics?? Very clever! And nice use of the pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is this! Your papers are absolutely perfect for this little "Westie". Way too cute Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just the cutest card
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper cute - Jenny!!! This was a fun challenge - thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweet dog Jenny, thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little dapper dog here, Jenny! Fun challenge, I must say. And I think I need to invest in some animal stamps... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this wonderful card...from the fab image and the amazing coloring to the very cool paper and awesome new die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun Challenge! I had a great time following all the DT's links too! Hmmm... I need to go check out my pet stamps and see what I might have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A-Dorable Jenny! LOVE how you matced the paper with the doggie! LOVE the beautiful corners behind the images, way cute!

    Thanks for the fun challenge, have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heehee, nothing like a little tartan to spice up a card! And go you, mz creative use of pendant thingies... =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! A scotty with the plaid is perfect. Love the photocorners. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Perfect paper for the image!

    ReplyDelete