Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Monarch Buterfly

This was a fun card, I enjoyed just coloring the image. I thought I had done pretty well putting colors in the right places to make it look like a Monarch... I knew I had some Graphic 45 paper with butterflies on it too, so I planned on pairing that paper up with this stamp. I found the paper I was thinking of.... my butterfly colors looked not quite like the Monarch butterflies in the paper. In fact they were so different enough that they would have clashed!!! So I had to change direction!
I created the background using a Cuttlebug Folder, embossing a piece of Brown card stock. I used my mini brayer to add Copper ink over the raised portions. I used my finger to rub the ink around, adding a hint of ink in the debossed areas too. Then I coated the panel with Clear embossing powder.... resulting in a shiny look. I think you can see it better if you enlarge the close up pic. Since I had some shine going on in the background I added some Crystal Lacquer randomly over my butterfly image. I also used it to fill in the depressed area of the Copper tag. The addition of the Copper tag and Copper photo holder pieces was to play in the Belli Challenge #70, which called for the use of metal tags. I have been enjoying a range of new challenges as they really help me to pull out all sorts of products and techniques that I need a reminder to use.

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, my friend! Love that stamp and your color scheme. Very interesting idea to use Crystal Lacquer on the tag the way you did. I'm tickled to have you playing along with us on the Belli Challenge! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty pretty, and I love that tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing!! What a wonderful butterfly image and I love how you created the background, it's perfect!! Wonderful use of the metal tag too, thanks for joining in the Belli Challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful!! I love the stamp,I love the embossing with the copper ink.It turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Jenny, this is so fabulous! A beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a pretty card. I just love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is one fantastic looking card!!!! It is so gorgeous I'd frame it :D;D. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! It is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jenny, I occasionally landed on your blog and like what I see here. You do wonderful artwork! And so I will make a visit again on your place from time to time to see what's new.
    Love from Switzerland,
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  10. what gorgeous colors and coloring of this fabulous butterfly!! Just awesome! thanks for joining us in the Belli this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I love the coloring job and what you did with the CB. Nice job! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card and butterfly... You did one fabulous job coloring it... Thanks for joining us in this weeks Belli Challenge... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing us over at the belli challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is very eye catching. This is an amazing card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Coronado Island stamps and you certainly did this one justice. Another work to be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is stunning! Wonderful job, thanks for joining the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete