Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

An Ice Igloo that Shimmerz!

The Impression Obsession Design Team is letting the Shimmerz fly all this week. It's an official IO/Shimmerz DT swap. Both Design Teams are combining both products on our creations! Check out the fun and see what kind of sparkle these teams create when Impression Obsession stamps collide with Shimmerz paints! Please head to Shimmerz Blog and to the Impression Obsession Blog where you can find all the details and links to all the creations!!!
--------------------------------------
This fun little Penguins and Igloo image is brand new from Impression Obsession's 2009 Holiday release! Finally, we can share some sneaky peeks of the new images soon coming! I know it may be early to share some Holiday cards-- but I could not resist using these new scenes with the Shimmerz Products! So going forward I will be sharing some Fall and Holiday cards... get in the spirit with an early start!

These little cuties were colored with Copics and I airbrushed and doodled around the Nestie's edges. For the Igloo I added a little blue/green Copic color to just the outer edges of the ice blocks to add a little color. Then I used a paintbrush to apply Angel Wings White Shimmerz Paint. I dabbed it on the blocks instead of brushing it on smooth. I wanted to give it a little rough texture instead of smooth and glossy. In the background is a Blue Cuttlebugged panel that I used my baby brayer to add some white pigment ink to the embossed portions. Finished card size is an A2.

17 comments:

  1. this is just too cute love the stamp and the shimmer
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card, Jennie! The Shimmerz paint is perfect for the igloo. Love the color scheme, and of course, all your doodles! I keep forgetting to try the brayer on the embossed paper...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely darling card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab card Jenny - those penguins with their wooly hats are too cute for words! Great layout and all the shimmerz is fantastic! Love the colours and papers too!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a "cool" looking card. (Sorry, I couldn't resist). The shadows you made on the igloo with the Shimmerz look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, what a great image and I love what you have done with it. The white Shimmerz is a great addition to the frost feel of the card. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very pretty, Jenny!! I just love your shimmery igloo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, Cute Cute, I love the sparkle on the igloo. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Jenny. That iglo really looks icy cold. Love your colour choice and design. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love all the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too stinkin' cute! Love the lace cardstock, igloo, and shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally "COOL" card Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute, cute, cute! The Shimmerz just "made" that igloo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love penguins and these cute little guys have a lovely home on a beautiful card! Very nice. I just started using Shimmerz myself and I am already hooked!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Shimmerz is PERFECT for the igloo. It just looks wonderful. What a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tried Shimmerz, what it is friend? It's so beautiful on this card and perfect, I love your igloo!

    ReplyDelete