Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Guy's card...

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme was to create a Masculine Card. Please check out these links to everyone's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Daniela Dobson - Laura Fulcher - Dina Kowal - Deborah March - Kelli Richardson - Shirley Ross - Jeanne Streiff.

You are all invited to enter your creations for the Greetings for "Guys in Our Life" Challenge and any future challenges we have too. Below is how to enter your card so it can be posted on the Impression-Obsession Blog and in the gallery located there just for I/O customers:
  • Use Impression-Obsession stamps for your card.
  • Email the card to Shirley, our webmaster at shirleyone@carolina.rr.com.
  • Every week cards will be selected to be showcased on the I/O blog and in the Customer Gallery there too.
  • This challenge will be open until Sunday, July 5. Go get Inky!!!

--------------------------------------------------------


I tried to keep this card toned down a bit, after all it's supposed to be a guy card. I stamped the Golf-Tini randomly and colored with my Copics. I did a little airbrushing to take the bright whiteness away. I used a Copic and Red Micron Pen to create my border around the stamped panel. I made a little pocket holder for the card - thinking it might be neat to attach it to the front of a plain kraft gift bag. To make the bow and top bunch of crazy strings - I first created a slip knot of jute strings through the eyelet. It looked a little lacking, so I added a bow made from multiple strands of the jute string, using the Bow Easy Tool. With my extra DP I went ahead and added a little decorative strip down the inside. I used Black Rainbow Tape 1/16" Width to cover the paper seams on the pocket envelope and also on the inside panel of the card. Click on the pics for a better up close view.
And..... a shout out of Thanks to my AWESOME readers for the abundance of very nice comments you guys leave me -- I really appreciate hearing from and knowing that someone besides my Step-Mother is actually reading!!!

13 comments:

  1. I can feel the muscles bulging from here!!! (Or maybe that's the beer belly--hard to tell from this distance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. That is the cutest pocket card!.....and I just remembered I am posted to the I/O and forgot my blog. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job very male LOL
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!!!! The martini glasses filled with grass, golf balls, and flag are hysterical. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darn cute Jenny! I haven't seen that stamp before, how cute for a golfer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DeLIGHTful Jenny! I always enjoy interactive cards...it's like a series of extra little surprises...love the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! So fun for a golfer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since my Dad is a golf and martini lover I'll have to CASE this one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great guy card Jenny - I love the golf themed martini glass - it's a great image!! Great work with that bow - it looks awesome!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Jenny, this is a wonderful design. I have this plaid paper, I think plaids are perfect for "guy" cards. Your bow is amazing, not too girly, just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I had enough martini stamps, but I think you card sold me another one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card for the golf lover! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete