Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Christmas in JULY!

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme was Christmas in July. Please check out these links to everyone's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Daniela Dobson - Laura Fulcher - Dina Kowal - Deborah March - Kelli Richardson - Shirley Ross - Jeanne Streiff - Julie Koerber - Tina Werner - and please welcome our new Guest Designer Kathy Menzies.
__________________
You are all invited to enter your creations for the "Christmas in July" Challenge and any future challenges we have too. Below is how to enter your card so it can be posted on the Impression-Obsession Blog and in the gallery located there just for I/O customers:
  • Use Impression-Obsession stamps for your card.
  • Email the card to Shirley, our webmaster at shirleyone@carolina.rr.com.
  • Every week cards will be selected to be showcased on the I/O blog and in the Customer Gallery there too.
  • This challenge will be open until Sunday, July 19. Go get Inky!!!

__________________

Well, this was an easy challenge as we have had an early start with some of the new images coming from Impression Obsession! I wanted to glitter and glaze this water globe from the first minute I saw it! I colored everything with Copics. I added a little of my homemade glitter glue (fairy dust ultra fine glitter and crystal lacquer mixed together) for the snow. Then I coated the water globe with Crystal Lacquer to finish it off! Finished card size is an A2.

All this week the Design Team for IO has been previewing new images that will be released at Summer CHA. Please go hop around to the blogs and check 'em out! You may even find some blog candy up for grabs! Back to the top of this post for the links or you can get all the info on the Impression Obsession Blog too!

14 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the glitter and the Crystal Laquer on the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jenny, love your globe! Gorgeous coloring girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you did the globe looks like real glass LOL
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wow, wow! stunning card! love the globe, it's beautiful! please add me to your list too... i completed the challenge :)
    thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is nice, but I'm just not in the mood for Christmas yet!
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Jenny!! Your snow globe is just amazing! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny I LOVE this snow globe. I may have to get my local store to order this one for me! I live in Jacksonville and friends and I have talked about taking a road trip. Any good stamp stores there that you can recommend? Or scrapbook stores?? Atlanta may be a good road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! The snow globe is amazing and all the other details add so much interest! This is a card that will give so much enjoyment!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, Jenny. I love how ou did your snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, love the background and the sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I love what you did with that globe. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sparkly and pretty! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete