Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Sprinkle

Sprinkle is hittin' the Beach! It's still hot as ever here in Atlanta, the poor air conditioner runs non-stop. My stamp room gets the afternoon sun, so I feel like a roasting chicken in there. The other option is wait until the sun goes down to stamp and it cools off... which makes me seem like a vampire. But no matter.... Sprinkle always brings a smile! I added a little airbrushing and colored the scene with Copics. I used a Spellbinder's Tag for the Sentiment, but then trimmed one side off using a decorative edged scissor. The paper was so busy, I felt if I added my usual doodles, dots and ribbon I might blind someone. So I opted to keep it on the simpler side. lol! Finished card size is an A2.
Oh... and to keep you coming back.... Thursday night's post should bring some fun news AND as if that tease was not enough.... Monday, I have a tutorial coming your way. A tutorial on what you ask? Well, I am sharing some FAQ tips about my bows, silk ribbon, and some Krafty Kat secrets of how I do things! So you better come back and check it out!

17 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, this is just adorable. Sprinkle is just too cute all decked out for the beach. You are right, this paper is very busy but you finished it off perfectly. Oooohhhh, tutorials and tips, can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute Jenny! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, Jenny!! Love the DP you used with this adorable image!! I totally know what you mean...it was 102 here today, and I got to stampin in my stamp room without turning on the AC...it was hot, hot, hot, but I was in a groove and did not want to get up and turn it on...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely put a smile on my face. That "smooth" cat is too cool. The DP is great with it too. I LOVE this.
    P'Cola's been super hot, but it was actually below 80 (barely) this morning when I got up. Woohoo! Will check out your news and tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and I love your back
    ground paper. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny

    Super cute Sprinkles and card.

    I can't keep warm and your roasting. Although today is not too bad we are seeing a bit of the sun amongst some showers. We still need plenty of rain.

    Happy Stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad Sprinkle is enjoying the beach...I wanna go...
    Love the colors you used to accent this beach scene! I need to get one of those bow do-hicky thingies LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, that card is so funky fun!!!! That dp is spectacular here - a real inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny - this is gorgeous!! I looove Sprinkle's paper-pieced hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so, so fabulous, Jenny! Classy and fun, too! Good combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card! Love the DP paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so cute Jenny - what a fabulous little scene! Your colouring is awesome and matches the paper just perfectly!! Hope you can stay cool .....
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sprinkles is adorable, a good description. I love all the tips I can read!!!Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card. Simple, eh? Well, OK, if you say so. A tutorial on Monday! Oh, I can't wait!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Jenny! This is just the cat's meow! Love Sprinkle's pp hat and the colors are just divine!

    ReplyDelete