Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Soft and Sweet - Lily of the Valley

My VERY exciting news to share today is that I am now a "regular" with Sharon and the talented crew for the Stamp Simply Challenges every Friday. I enjoyed my guest spot with them soooo much in April. I am thrilled to be joining them each week going forward!

Stamp Simply #93 - This weeks challenge is a double -- Sharon asks us to use the colors Sky Blue and Grass Green and to use piercing on our projects. Upload your project to Splitcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime93". Head to Sharon's blog No Time to Stamp to see her creation for today and get all the details for the challenge.

Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Sabrina, June's Guest Designer, Janine, Jennifer, Julie, AJ, Tammy, Barbara and Deb. We are all uploading and linking Thursday night-- so bear with us as we coordinate the links!
-------------------------------------------------------------
These are not colors I would have reached for on my own -- which is exactly why I love challenges. I do really like how the colors paired up. I colored the "Lily of the Valley" image with Copics and added a little soft airbrushing to the edges. I used my Scor-Pal to create the criss-cross embossed pattern and dropped a teeny little pearl in each cross point. I pierced the border around my Labels 4 Nestie, it looks like my usual little dots -- but it is tiny little holes! I added the eyelets and ribbon tags along one edge. The little blue bow is embroidery floss and the four loop bow was created with the Bow Easy. One bow tail seems to have a mind of his own and is sticking out kinda funny. Of course, I did not notice until after I had my picture already edited and loaded in Blogger! A little cuttlebug action in the background with my fave folder "Textile". Finished card is an A2.

28 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Jenny, a fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all CONGRATULATIONS Jenny on your new gig :D:D:D!!!!! Love your card. It is absolutely gorgeous, but what else is to be expected from you, right?!?!?! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!! Love that soft flower -everything is just perfect! Congrats on joining Sharon's team!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And indeed, a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Jenny! Welcome to the SS team! Now we can chat it up on two teams together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally lovely! I had that same SU DP out and I LOVE that pack, but used my Crate -- wonderful job on this -- totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny,

    Very pretty card. I love all the detail especially the crosshatch and pearls and the detail down the side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like I'm always saying 'congrats on being on a new team!' to you these days!! Very fun! Gorgeous card! The airbrushing and piercing are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! This card is gorgeous. I love the colors too and wouldn't have chosen them. The layers are eye catching too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card design and the colors. I miss Soft Sky! The tiny pearls are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh! this is just lovely!! I love that scoring and the tiny pearls!! Love it all, actually, LOL! I'm looking forward to playing with you on the SS team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all ... congrats on becoming a full time member of Sharon's team!

    Your creation today is awesome! LOVE the softness and all the extra little touches to this beauty! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just GORGEOUS Jenny! I love all of the special detail and pretty soft look! Welcome to the team, so glad you are joining us fulltime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely card and congrats on your team membership. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those teeny, tiny pearls in your 'quilted' bg. This is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous designed card - Jenny - this is so elegant!!! Congrats on your gig with Sharon - she has fab taste :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just sooo beatuiful, Jenny! Loved the ribbon accents on the side!! A big congrats to you, on your regular DT spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soft and sweet??? Just like you??? That really is pretty. And I am jealous that you and Miriam are in the class today and I'm not! BooHoo.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMW, what patience you have to do all that piercing! I'd have screwed that up, for sure! Beautiful card, Jenny and I'm so happy to have you joining the team!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty!! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty!! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenny, this is gorgeous, and congrats on becoming a regular on Sharon's team. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on making the team! You'll have so much fun! And that design is just gorgeous....I love how you outlined it with the black pen. Just adds a dimension that packs a real punch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on another design team, you are going to be a very busy lady. I can see why they chose you, this is fabulous. Love the color combination and that scored background is a perfect embellishment. Beautiful card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Jenny, I just all the detail you add to your cards!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jenny, You deserve the big promotion on your design team! Congratulations! And your card is fab, as always. I don't know how you do it but you never cease to amaze me with all your dabs, doodles, layers, shapes, bling and bows. And then this fabulous creation appears out of the midst of all that stuff! You are an inspiration. I just love all your posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jenny, congratulations!!!!!

    Your card is beautiful. Great job!!!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete