Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Slivers of Silver

Ohhhh------- it is mighty hard for me to leave this much white space, but I am getting better at resisting the feeling that I MUST cover it all! The flowers are from Hero Arts, I used my Copics to color them, and also outlined the circle to add a softer edge to it. The little strip of Kraft paper -- I embossed using a Cuttlebug Folder, then used my very best new tool - the mini brayer to ink the raised portions. I had to add the silver strips of Rainbow Tape to go over two small black ink spots that somehow happened. The Rainbow Tape comes in Metallic Colors too! I only put 300 dots on this card, around the white layer and also the inner circle, refraining from the usual 600! The red paper is a little like linen, with small embossed flowers on it. It does not show well in the picture. Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps: Flowers by Hero Arts Clear Set # CL275, Sentiment by A Muse "Journey" #9-8236C
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Kraft, Red DP, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Black
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Mini Brayer, Copics, Micron Pen .005, Silver Pearls, Silver Rainbow Tape

11 comments:

  1. oh goodness you have so much patience dot lady! Wonderful card as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooooooh, this is a stunning card, Jenny. And white space is a GOOD THING (tm). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this card is gorgeous - the white space really is a good thing. I'm working on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Jenny - love the colours you've used! And bravo for leaving the white space - it looks perfect on this card!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning! I am soooo glad to see you leave some "white space". It really makes all your elements pop! I am still so thoroughly impressed I really can't believe that you think of soo many details and embellishments. It really is a gorgeous card.

    I feel like I gush every time I write you a comment...but it's only because you deserve it.

    And there are many times I don't write...but could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you related to Markie's Mom???
    Heeeeheeeeeheeeeee.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh how cool! Brayering the raised grass lines is fabulous! Can't wait to see this one in person. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combination. And the white space and silver really make it pop! Great detailing, as usual... I got a mini brayer on Saturday. Fun tool!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a very pretty card Jenny! I'm so impressed with the detail you add, and your coloring of the flowers is so well done! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this JennyT The colours, the image, the DP , the whole darn thing!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes the white makes your red GLOW. What a fabulous card and I love the stamped image; but espcially the RED.

    ReplyDelete