Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge - Margarita Time!

It's Saturday! Time for the OCC Challenge! For this week’s challenge Jennifer has provided us with a fun sketch to get the creative juices flowing. Check out the OCC Blog to see what goodies are up for grabs this week and all the details of how you can enter to win. So please join us, get your stamps and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Vicki Garrett, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I know, the elements of my card are off a bit in comparison to the Sketch. That is what happens when you go from memory and don't print it out. When will I ever learn? This card was FUN. I have been cranking out the summer cards lately, as it still blazing HOT here, and I guess the summer heat is sparking the ideas. Lots of doodles and dots on this card. I started with the large Polka Dot paper from Rubber Soul and built my card around that. I added the black circles to each large dot with a Micron Pen. The right side of the card was created with the "Happy Summer" sentiment stamp, a Micron Pen and Copics, adding some small polka dots and high lighting the words. I used my Spellbinder's Labels Small to frame my Margarita image -- and liberally dressed the edges up with Copics and a Micron. I added some layers of card stock and used decorative scissors for the little jagged edge on the green. The tag was created doing the same thing, but coloring the entire oval with the Copics and then adding some White Gel Pen. I added some bling to the stem of the glass and a little glitter glue on the rim of the glass to mimic salt. The last element was a coat of Crystal Lacquer over the glass. By the time I was done, all I was thinking about was Mexican Food and a cool Frozen Margarita. Click on the pics for a close up view. Finished card size is an A2.

24 comments:

  1. You are rockin' with your doodles--I'm feeling all inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty Jenny ... love the colors too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Jenny - definitely a 'fiesta' card and the margarita definitely makes for a happy summer, lol!!! Fab colours, papers and great touches with the bling, glitter glue and crystal lacquer!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many perfect little elements here - the doodling, of course, the bling on the stem, the outlines around the dots on the DP (never would've thought of that...), the glitter glue (perfect for the salt) and the Crystal Lacquer. I'm ready for a Margarita!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you decorated the stem of the glass!! Also love the polka dots on the layer behind the glass. Excellent summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHEERS, hunny bunny!!!! FAB card! I love the jeweled stem on that glass. Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a yummy card, super job Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, I had to GASP when I saw this card!!! Wow! Everything is just perfect about it! The colours, the crystal effects, the rest of the details on this glass...........I think this is the most gorgeous card I've seen in a long time!!!!

    Did I mention that I REALLY REALLY REALLY love your card??? hehe....;-p)

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! How refreshing and beautifully done!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZA...this is absolutely fantastic!!!! Love every little detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love LOVE this card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, girl, you've got me speechless here!!!! Your card is absolutely stunning!!! It looks like the Margarita is real ;D. You are so very creative. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh girl, this is fabulous. You've made that Margarita look so yummy and check out that "blinged" glass . . . totally lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUMMY - this is exactly what I had at the pool party - it was delicious - LOL!!!! This is a fabulous card - Jenny!!! Super fun colors!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card Jenny, I just LOVE the fun design and adorable detail & colors. What a fun stamp, I need this one!

    Have a fun weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny, you and I had MARGARITAS on the brain!!! Fabulous card, great colors and lvoe the bling!!! Great doodling creating your own frame around the margarita (because of you i got the Micron pen :) This looks like so much FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny, this is STUNNING! I love all those layers and the details on the margarita glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great image I have not seen it before. Great colours and details!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog!! You've a lot of very brilliant cards on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi Jenny - LOVE your margarita card! the weather here's just getting hot enough that i may need one soon! :)

    thanks for your comment on my OCC submission - i'm LOVING the sketches and inspiration you ladies are providing!

    have a wonderful day! ---Karmyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card blew me away; the most amazing card, IMHO, from the OCC DT this week. Love it! Fun and creative and HAPPY :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is a great card, your interpretation of the sketch is the definite winner of the group. Love all the doodles on your Nestie border. I have tried, but I am too anal to do that. Will just have to appreciate your talent for it. I could use one of these margaritas about now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so fresh and fun...and it's making me really thirsty too..*wink* Love your sparkle, bling, and perfect ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete