Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

OCC Challenge - STARS

It's Saturday! Time for the OCC Challenge! For this week’s challenge Jennifer asked us to use a STARS on our cards. Check out the OCC Blog to see what goodies are up for grabs this week and all the details of how you can enter to win. So please join us and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Vicki Garrett, Loretta Lock and Joycelyn Turner.
------------------------------------------------------
I decided to use some of the NEW In Colors from Stampin Up for my card... Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede. I inked up one of my all time fave background stamps French Flair (minus the birds, which I cut out!). I inked both the background stamp and the damask design I used for the star in Bermuda Bay first, then mushed it around here and there on the Soft Sued ink pad to get the two tone colors. A little sponging of both colors around the edges. I used my Spellbinder's Star Nesties to cut out the first star, then hand trimmed the additional layers. My ribbon, from Sharon, was white and brown, but I took a Copic to it to tailor it to my card colors. Doodles and Dots to finish it up.
  • Stamps: French Flair Background by SU, Damask Pattern in the star by PaperTrey, Dante Quote by A Muse - Follow Your own Star #9-8160B Add Image
  • Paper: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, White, Black
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
  • Other: Copics, Souffle Pen, Black Micron Pen, Ribbon from Sharon, Spellbinder's Stars, Spellbinder's Ribbon Tags

10 comments:

  1. Very nice - I think those are my two favorite new In Colors. Love the swirls and the Damask - still haven't inked mine up yet...The ribbon tails on the star are a nice touch and it all goes perfectly with that sentiment. Good job! See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soft suede!!!! Jenny, you have done such a wonderful thing with that background stamp, making it look like stardust around that star. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That French Flair bg looks absolutely gorgeous...I'm inspired to pull mine out...this is stunning, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job, those are my favorite new in-colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, Jenny. Also love the new colors. Great background on this and combo of colors. I just linked my post to your baby card post since I patterned my card after yours. Hope you don't mind. I thought yours was fabulous. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty star! Love the combo of super graphic with classic swirly... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new In-Colors look awesome together...I have not tried this combo, but I'm loving it!!! Gorgeous star card - Jenny!!!

    Stay cool :) Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mix of stamps and the design is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmm.... I think I am going to cut off those birds too....This is a wonderful card and love those fabulous colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these colors together!!! Can't wait for my man in brown to come!! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete