Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

OCC Challenge - Punch a Border

It's Saturday! Time for the OCC Challenge! For this week’s challenge Jennifer asked us to use a border punch on our cards. Check out the OCC Blog to see what goodies are up for grabs this week and all the details of how you can enter to win. So please join us and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Viki Garrett and Joycelyn Turner.
----------------------------------------------
I used a Fiskar's Border and Corner Punch "Lattice" for my card today. I love these punches that include the corner punch too. Very clever of someone!!! I wanted to keep my image simple and clean since the border is so pretty and a little busy -- I didn't want too much going on and it looking a bit over done. It is very hard for me to leave this much white space!!! This a new set from SU and I used new In Colors too... Inking the flower stamp up with the Crushed Curry first, then dabbing it around in the Dusty Durango ink to add the orange. I used a Micron pen and added some black outlines to the flower.... I had so much white space I felt the black lines helped it pop a bit. I also added some Spica Yellow and then finished the flowers off with a glaze pen over them for a little subtle shine. The ribbon was white 1/8" silk and I used a Copic to color it and tied the little triple bow with my bow easy tool.... a little bling to dress it up and finish it off. Completed card is 5 1/2" Square. No Copics or Spellbinders products used on this card-- Whoa! That does not happen very often!!
  • Stamps: Kind and Caring Thoughts Set by SU
  • Ink: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Dusty Durango, Black, White, Gold, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Fiskars Border Punch "Lattice", Crystals, Silk Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Black Micron Pen, Paper Piercer, Glaze Pen

23 comments:

  1. Wow Jenny!! This is stunning!! I love the way you framed your image with the gold punched border. So elegant and downright gorgeous girl!! Your flowers and colors are gorgeous also!! Great job!! What an inspiration!!
    Have a great weekend!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this punch really packs one! Awesome job on the whole thing!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - and what a challenge using a border punch must have been for you....;-) The white space is perfect and your flowers really do pop. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful border on your card Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely. Really like the simplicity of the design with the busy border. And the new colors are awesome. Great job!

    Barb S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny, Very pretty design, nice colours and love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH pure genius - i have all of these and have yet to use them - i will now!!

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Jenny, I love your border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my! I need to check out those punches - your frame is absolutely fabulous - your card looks like a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely stunning creation!!! The border is outta this world and that image is GORGEOUS!!! AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant! What a fabulous card!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, very beautiful Jenny! I love the colours and tones of this card and that punched border is fabulous! Again, the most perfect bow ever, lol!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, You certainly are One Krafty Cat! Card is spectacular! My kind of style, where the image is truly the focus and the other stuff just sets it off. I adore the punched border in gold. Really adds all the elegance in the world to the simply beautiful image. Do you EVER make a lousy card???? Every one you post is a winner - even the BROWN ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how very pretty...I don't think I have ever seen these punches...will have to check them out when I go to the big city sometime. You made such an elegant card with the image set off by this pretty punch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. I just checked out the other designer's cards. Hands down you are WINNER on this one!

    My gold cardstock is way too thick to punch. Where do you find some that is "punchable"?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny - I so love this punch you used - I'm going to have to find it - you enabler you!!! I think this BG looks fabulous and so is your card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I think those punches are brilliance on someone's part, as well... Feedblitz has been failing to deliver updates on several of the blogs I subscribe to (including yours), so I'm moving over to Google Reader - just thought you should know! Ta!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All I can say is that this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!


    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Jenny, I LOVE the shimmery flowers and stunning design!

    Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my golly, this is just stunning and I love the colors. I love orange and gold and yellow and rust and Fall colors. This is just beautiful, Jen, you did yourself proud.

    ReplyDelete
  21. very pretty. Haven't seen this border/corner punch. Will have to Google it.

    ReplyDelete