Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another DOG on my Blog!!

I know Westies are supposed to be white or grey -- this guy obviously has some bad breeding.... he's more my style of dog, just a good old lovable mixed mutt! If you like the image then you need to head to Sandy's blog and leave her a comment on this fab card she made - cause this is also one of the stamps in the blog candy bundle from Dog Gone Stamps that she has up for grabs.
------------------------------
For my card..... I pulled the sketch from Jen del Muro's Saturday SFYTT "Sketch for you to Try". To create Mr. Mixed Breed's checker color shirt, I used a pencil to draw some grid lines, then used two blue and two yellow Copics to fill in the squares. On the three yellow panels I ran them through the Cuttlebug Folder Geometric Squares, but I turned the paper at an angle in the folder so the grid lines would be diagonal. The gingham ribbon is from Sharon, and was brown and white, BUT the white was "too white" for my card, so I used a Copic to change it to yellow and brown! Lots of little doodle dots around the borders with a blue Souffle pen. Finished Card is an A2.

16 comments:

  1. Jenny, he is too cute!!! Love your coloring. A true piece of ART!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    Totally adorable card and image. I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't the brown make it a Yorkie? Sure looks like my neighbor's though I don't think Maggie would be cought with a shirt on. Now, put a frisbe in the dog's mouth - you would have the spitting image! Great card and coloring et. al. Thanks for sharing. Love it!!!!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great doggie all dressed up! Wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep amazing me with your card creations. You sure know how to think outside of the box. I love the little checked shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Jenny he's fabulous I love his shirt too, great card as always.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jenny - he's so cute and very beautifully coloured! Those bows are awesome - they add the perfect touch to the card!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Egads, that is 2 dogs from the Krafty Kat. Wondeful job on the Westie, Jen, I love all the checks. And thanks again for the plug for my blog. Going to draw the lucky winner in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwwwwwwwww, that is dog gone cute!!! Hehehehehee. What happened to the kitty cats????
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!!! I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Jenny, saw the fun image on Sandy's card yesterday, so glad to see you working with this image too! LOVE the fun design and ribbon treatments!

    Have a fun day, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Jenny, that shirt is a fashion statement for sure. I love the colors you used and the way you embossed the yellow pieces. This is awesome! (Have you ever done one that isn't awesome?) Love your "mutt".

    ReplyDelete