Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Fisherman Father's Day

Where did my creativity go this week? I think I cleaned it up and threw it out when I did the 10 hour cleaning job in my stamp room! But I just got a big fat shipment of some new stuff -- 'cause you saw the pics.... I need more stuff, right???? A big fat box landed from Stampin Up and also another big fat box is coming from my favorite company The Cat's Pajamas. Ohhhh, can't wait. So with the thought of new ink, rubber and paper in my little hands the creativity got a little jump start! Would you believe I was up at 7:30 in the AM this morning and in my stamp room... the cat and husband still fast asleep, actually its 9:00 now and they are still asleep, those bums! If you know me, you know I am NOT a morning person.... so this is not a normal thing! No stamping for a few days and I guess I was ready to get to it!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to use this image today. I think its a fun image for Father's Day. AND my pal Sandy has this image along with four other neat stamps from Dog Gone Stamps up for grabs on her blog! All you have to do is go leave a comment on this fab card she made!
---------------------------------------------------
My card is simple today -- it's early for me! The sentiment is new from Stampin Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes set and also I used the new label punch from SU. The yellow is one of the new SU In Colors: Crushed Curry. When I put the black jute string through the eyelets the ends of the string were flopping around and one was stretching towards the top, and that's where the idea came from to string the label to all four corners. See... how my brain works, totally visual. Finished card is an A2.

14 comments:

  1. Nice! Love what you did with the black jute. Fun to see some new SU products in your work. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was beginning to wonder if we needed to send a search squad out for you....nice to have you back! Very nice card - great color scheme and the jute is a good addition to go along with the fishing line in the image. I didn't get that label punch, but now I'm thinking I HAVE to have it!! Enjoy your day off, KKJennyB...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and the new label punch!!!! I just got mine the other day and am raring to use it!

    Have a great weekend Jenny!

    Hugs,

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we all need a break at times!
    Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this card is absolutely stunning!!! It sure does not look like your creativity is gone, 'cause this card is far beyond amazing and all of those little details you've put on it are just WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. Thanks for the inpiration on making father's day cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, clever idea to string the sentiment as you did; the whole look reminds me of "fishing" so it all ties nicely with the image; which you are right, makes for one very nice Father's Day card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Father's Day card just in case you're "fishing" for a compliment...it's awesome. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been missing you this week. Glad see a new post from you. Cute card! The jute and eyelets work great on this card.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun, Jenny!! Love the eyelet and string accents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your mojo has returned! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Jenny, what a fun scene and design!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, there you are!! What a great card for Dad, love the colors and how you finished it with the jute, great choice of embellishments. Thanks for the plug about my blog. Hugs, Pinkie

    ReplyDelete