Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme was to use NO Pattern Paper! Please check out these links to everyone's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Daniela Dobson - Laura Fulcher - Julie Koerber - Dina Kowal - Deborah March - Kelli Richardson - Shirley Ross - Jeanne Streiff.
----------------------------------------------No pattern paper. Why is it when you can't use something, that is all you want to use!!! I created my swirly background with a cuttlebug folder, then inked up the baby brayer and lightly colored the embossed portions with some black ink, then inked it up with Mambo Melon and ran it over the entire thing, filling in the remaining white embossed areas. I split my cuttlebug panel, making a little pocket to nest my Tim Holtz Swirly Piece. Not sure how I feel about the end result of this card... I keep thinking it's not quite right -- does it need more??? Maybe a bow? I may have to change it up a bit. Card is an A7 Size.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: White, Black, Mambo Melon
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Copics/ABS, Tim Holtz Grunge Piece, Spellbinder's Labels and Circles Nesties, Cuttlebug Folder, Black Micron Pen, White Signo Gel Pen, Silver Pearls, Pink Mini Crystals

14 comments:

  1. I've neever seen this stamp used with this colour scheme...SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! loving this Raspberry colour Jenny, it's yummy.
    Neat job with brayered bugged background too, not tried this tech yet..mm me thinks it's time to get that brayer inky.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Jenny - I love how you've created this card without dp! The colours are awesome and the embossed/brayered background is fantastic! I love it!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your end result is fabulous and thanks for explaining how you did all that coloring on those swirls. Love it. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...loving the way your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really gorgeous card, Jenny! I love the colors and the design too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have all the flourishy elements in your design to ploay off all the steam! Just a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used the flourish! I'm pulling mine out. I thought you didn't like Melon Mambo!! I love black and pink together. Reminds me of ballet. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to work up this image, Jenny. I haven't done this particular one yet, but I love the set. I'm having coffee right now so I'm hoping I'll be successful with my stamping. LOL Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only seen this set used with browns and I really like the colors you chose! Not using patterned paper really is a challenge, isn't it? LOL
    You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so very pretty, Jenny!! Isn't that the truth...like telling a child they can't have something...and all they think about for the whole day is that one thing!! You did a fabulous job without the DP!

    ReplyDelete