Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Chill Out!

It is really HOT here. I mean HOT! We have been in the high nineties this week and I am already ready for Winter! I used my baby brayer to ink up my Cuttlebugged background with some Vanilla Craft ink, it takes longer to dry but the effect is rather like weathered paint when you use the textured side of the card stock. Again my Baby Brayer worked wonderfully to ink only what I wanted. I love that thing -- hmm, I think I might have said that once or twice before. This little stamp came from the $1 Bin at Michael's. It is a fun little image to color up. I cut it out with my Spellbinder's Labels One and then used the Jute from Sharon.... larger Jute Natural and then the smaller Green Jute to accent. I thought it went with the beachy feel. Final card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: Chill Out by Studio G
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vanilla Craft by SU
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, So Saffron, Green, Dark Red
  • Other: Spellbinder's Labels One, Cuttlebug Folder, Baby Brayer, Bead, Jute from Sharon, Black Micron Pen

11 comments:

  1. I just have one word:

    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

    Not the card, of course. The card is terrifically cute, as always. Though it does make me hot just looking at it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know that I love this card, but I'll note it here for the record!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny! Fantastic card! Girl, you rock those Labels One dies like nobody's bid-ness!! AND, can you send some of that HEAT over here? Portland is rainy and mid-60s! I still wear my flannels to bed! ACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Jenny. The jute certainly does add to the nautical beachy feel. And I love the 3/4doodle border thing you did on the label one.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got to be kidding me. This stamp was only $1?! I guess I need to start casing Michael's now! Good grief.

    I wonder if I would have picked this up on my own accord. I mean, now that I see your card, I want the stamp. You did a fantastic job.

    I love the colors. I also love the lines on the beach. And, of course, I love the Spellbinder's....which are my next purchase.

    Thanks for sharing your creations. Your site is definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the jute on this, Jenny! Another great card...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, wow, I am crazy about this card! Everything about it is awesome!! And to think, a dollar stamp from Mike's!
    Love how you used the vanilla craft ink on the c'bugged background too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very fun, Jenny!! Love your airbrushing, and the rope is just the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! The edge details are perfect for the theme of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I love, love, love this one Jenny! A fabulous desing, I love the jute and the papers

    ReplyDelete