Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby Boy!

I was recently invited to join Impression Obession's Design Team. I am thrilled to be a part of this talented group of ladies! The DT has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme was to use the Color Combo: Red, White and Blue. Please check out these links to everyone's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Deborah March - Laura Fulcher - Julie Koerber - Dina Kowal - Shirley Ross (Shirley has blog candy up for grabs!!) - Jeanne Streiff.
--------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to do something other than a patriotic themed card since that is usually what immediately comes to mind with the theme of a Red, White and Blue Color Challenge. So this little baby card is what resulted. I colored the little baby bib with Copics, then I added some little white polka dots with a gel pen. I added lots of polka dots around the edges of my circle nesties. Also, the last red scalloped circle I punched small holes in each of the scallops using my Japanese Screw Punch. Next, I threaded white and blue embroidery floss up and through each hole to create a "rope" edging. The cuttlebugged background I inked with some Baja Breeze Blue using my mini brayer (love that little thing!!!). The small little 1/8" ribbon along the bottom was white, I inked it with a Copic to match the blue and added some pearls and gems. Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Impression Obsession - Clear Set #CL131 Baby
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red by SU, Baja Blue by SU
  • Paper: Misc. Red, Baja Blue by SU, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Mini Red Crystals, Mini Pearls, Embroidery Floss, Spellbinder's Classic Circles, Cuttlebug Folder, Mini Brayer, Blue Souffle Pen, Red Fine Tip Pen, Black Micron pen, Red Buttons, Baja Blue and Riding Hood Red Ribbon by SU, Ticket Corner Punch by SU, White Gel Pen

26 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Congratulation's on your new Design Team position. Love your sweet baby card, and especially the stitching around the edge of your circle and all the fine detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! I love IO stamps and you've done an awesome job here.....are you blind after making all those little dots!!!! What a yummy card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Great card, love the non traditional colours for the baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jenny - this card is fantastic! Fabulous colour combo for a baby boy card and your 'rope' detailing is so incredibly creative!! Congrats on your new DT spot - well done you!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am in awe of all the embellishments you have added to make this such a spectacular card. It amazes me what you think up and how it all pulls together. Great card, Jenny. Congrats on designing for Impression Obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never would have put these colors together for a baby card but have to say it really turned out nicely. That's thinking out of the box for sure. Nice to be on the IO design team...congrats. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great details, as always. Between the rope trim and the argyle background it would be perfect for someone who is into either boating or golfing!

    Congrats again on the IO gig! You're becoming the DT queen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This is stunning. Great color combo and the bib is TOO cute. Love all the tiny details you added. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious card and fun way to use those patriotic colors! We are so happy to have you join us! Your talent is off the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really neat to see a baby card that isn't all pastels! I like it alot. The nesties are so cool, I swear I will use mine soon.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like Daniella Dobson's style and subscribed to her feed.
    QKK

    PS: Of course, of course, of course, YOURS is still always the very BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the DT and thanks for using this color combo for a not-a-patriotic-card! This is a great cute-but-not-cartoony baby card. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Jenny! I love this card, especially the stitching. I've stitched around the edges of scalloped circles before to make a zig-zag, but haven't seen this one! I will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW... the detail, the detail, the time, and the detail :-> This is a to-die-for card with tons of embellishment ideas that I've not seen elsewhere. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness, Jenny, this is stunning. You did a bang-up job on this. I love the dots and what a clever effect with the embroidery floss. Also the brayered background is so cool. Where did you find a mini brayer? I love the look of that. This is just an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great thinking out of the box on this! I really love this card. The detail is just awesome! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Jenny, I haven't had a chance to welcome you to the DT yet! You are a wonderful talent, and I am excited to see the things you will create.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just so VERY adorable, Jenny!! Love these colors for a baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card. I never see these colors for a baby card, but wow! does it work!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so much to look at on this card! Love all the details...!
    Hey, what is your white ink pen of choice? Mine keep drying up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG - Jenny this is fabulous news!!! Congrats - GF - I know you will be rockin' their Stamps :)!!!

    I love this sweet little baby card you created too!!! Fabulously designed!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG!! I love this card!! Wow to the embroidery floss!!! You are a great designer and Impression Obsession is fortunate to have you on their team!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww sweet card Jenny, LOVE the close-up!!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanted to first congratulate you on being part of the IO Design Team - just recently i discover their design line and I am hooked; I can't wait for my IO order to come into my local store for me to pick up! You did an AMAZING job with these baby image; the card is DARLING - the colors and all the added details you always so nicely add - the ribbon around the scallop is such a clever idea - great job Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is adorable, I love your little touches! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete