Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baby Boy Buttons

Repeat Impressions recently came out with a new line of stamps called Quartets. They are square stamps that contain four smaller squares of related images. There are 12 different Quartet Stamps in the latest release! The possibilities to create different cards with one stamp is endless, use one square, two, punch them out and line them up.... anything. Today I am showing off the "Button Quartet". Want to see more samples of the Quartets and maybe win something to boot? Head to Sandy's Blog to see what she created. Then go to Robin's Blog to see what she came up with! One of them has some Celebration Blog Candy up for grabs today!
---------------------------------------------------------
To create my card, I inked up the stamp with Baja Breeze, then added some Not Quite Navy to it by just tapping it here and there to mix the colors. I used needle and thread -- did you fall out of your chair?? I think I threaded more buttons on this card than I have in my entire life. I pre-pricked holes in the paper to make it easier to get the needle through the card stock. I threaded the Skinny Jute string through all the buttons..... I love that stuff! I added some dots and doodles, also I used a light blue/green Copic around the edges of the buttons to just take the hard edge off. Then I stamped some extra of two panels and added some layers behind them to mix it up a little. I used my Bow Easy to create the tiny little embroidery floss bows. Finished card size is 5" Square.

12 comments:

  1. Great card, Jenny! Love the color scheme and all the sewn buttons! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am falling off my chair because this is so stinkin' cute! Love the color effect you got with the two inks....and of course, your details are awesome! Love those quartets---darn, something new on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! This is such an adorable card, Jenny...so wonderful for a baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at all those stitches, what a cute idea. I love the blue and tan color combinations. Amazing what you can do with such a simple stamp, huh? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I thought you used designer paper on this til I read your post! It looks awesome! Cute idea to thread the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Love the colors!!!!! Love buttons! Love the words!! Love the twine! Did I tell you how much I love this card????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cute! Love all those buttons, and the sewing!! Who knew?! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely, Jenny!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My my what a great detailed Baby boy card! I LOVE the colors you chose also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Jenny! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just adorable! I love your colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Who would have thought that buttons could have been put together for such a beautiful card!! Colors are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete