Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Triple Tuesday!

Today I am doing something a bit different on my blog. I made three cards using the same stamps and I'm going to share them with you. In the magazines this is always one of my favorite sections -- I think they call it a " Different Point of View". By changing a few things on your card but still using the same images, cards can look completely different. All of the stamps I have used are from Coronado Island. And Coronado is offering a special discount for Krafty Kat readers for the month of May! I'll share my cards then give you the scoop on the Special Deals available for you!

I just love how realistic this image is! The art is by Sandra Jordan and you should check out her Collection of Images at Coronado, they are magnificent! She has such a way of getting the animals just right and having them look so real. Her collection of Big Cats is probably my favorite... but then you know I am a little partial to cats -- big and small! These Panda's are so easy to use... very easy to color! lol! I added some color to the grass and airbrushed a little blue in the background. The bamboo pieces I used on the card are from a Bamboo place mat.... I friend picked it up when she was shopping one day, it was a mat of bamboo strips bound together. She had the great idea to break the strips apart and use them as embellishments... Thanks Miriam!!! I used a Cuttlebug Leaf Folder on the solid blue panel, but then ended up covering it all up! I added some little doodle dots here and there. The hanging panel is popped up and raised off the card base. The Asian Symbol stands for Prosperity.

__________________________


This one is a little more dramatic in color. I used Copper card stock and embossed with the Textiles Cuttlebug Folder. I paired it up with some yummy Black and Copper DP. Again I used the Bamboo pieces for accents. The Black Jute is a five loop bow I made using the Bow Easy. The green paper layer was a little bright and "lime" colored so I sponged a bit of black around the edges to tone it down a bit. I had these fabulous copper corner pieces to finish it off! Finished card size is an A2.

__________________________

And this is my final sample to share today.... Lots of little elements going on here.... Doodles along all of the edges of the card and nesties. I used the Martha Basket Weave Punch for the detailed edging. I use some Olive Green Jute string on this for a little four loop bow, created with the Bow Easy. Again some soft airbrushing in the background, I did mask the pandas (using Eclipse Tape) to keep them white while I airbrushed on all my samples. I had this Basket weave looking paper in my stash and I thought it had a "natural" look to it to pair up with my Nature image.

__________________________

Check out other cards I have made with Coronado Island Stamps. Click here.

__________________________

CORONADO ISLAND STAMPS

Special Discount - for Krafty Kat Readers!

  • 10% OFF all Regular priced items for the Month of May 2009
  • Purchase the Panda Little Miracle stamp used on my cards above, and receive either the Bamboo word stamp or the Chinese Prosperity Character for Free! (Wood Mounted or Unmounted, respectfully)
  • Free Shipping on orders over $75 (regularly free shipping is on orders of $100)
  • This discount is only good for On-Line orders. In the Comment line of your order, please note "Krafty Kat Discount" to receive to special offers.

26 comments:

  1. Love the pandas. All are great cards-the same but yet so different. Love the copper one. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cards are wonderfully designed Jenny. Gorgeous colors and I love the bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Jenny.
    These are stunning!!!, I have this stamp too had it for ages and so far it's NOT!! seen any ink..lol.

    That paper looks fabulous with this stamp.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I'm so glad you're going to do this! I love it when the magazines do it, and it's such a great way to see the many different possibilities for every stamp. These three creations are gorgeous! Such beautiful work! Very inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, These cards are beautiful, love all the detail and different elements you used and the Panda image is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Jenny!! You have worked this image in stamptacular style!! Each card has truly magnificent detailing - gorgeous work!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other thing they have in common... they're all beautiful! Ni-ice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you find time to work? These are precious and I love the 3-ways idea! My fav is the bronze but they are all adorable (as usual).
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, that copper one is fabulous, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Jenny, the detail and layouts are amazing!

    Have a wonderful week,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Coronado will be thrilled with these cards, I'm sure!! Just fabulous!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow just gorgeous. Hugs Cindy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outstanding artwork! Love em all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still in awe of your ability to make your cards come together so beautifully. Just amazing to me. All three are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful cards Jenny..so many details to take in and again such rich and dramatic color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool. I love to see them changed up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! These are all so rich in texture and color! I want them all!! LOL! My fav is the copper one.

    Thanks for sharing such loveliness, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, the copper one is mighty spectacular, but what amazes me the most is how very different all three cards are, yet you used the same stamps! Now THAT'S true creativity! Fabulous cards, as always, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy cow these are gorgeous!
    The papers are fabulous and that stamp is incredible!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous card! You used amazing patterns and textures and they all blend perfectly! I feel like I can hear the Chinese music in the background. I love this image and it sure did inspire you to greatness. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goodness, I was scrolling from the bottom of your blog upwards and did not realize there are 3 panda cards. I think I like the copper one best, the warm tones really speak to me but the blue one is amazing as well. My original comments were for the last card. Golly, Jen, these are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love all three of your cards. Each one sets the mood perfectly and I think my favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow these are FANTASTIC cards!!!
    Perfectly put together.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely fabulous - I love all three cards. The stamp is amazing, but the way you have used it is totally awesome.

    Have just sent you an email about Inspirational.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, gorgeous! I love them all. Great job Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW, all three cards are absolutely stunning!!! I love all of the detail you've added. Perfection all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete