Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Purple and a Pussycat!

I wanted a quick and simple card tonight -- when I feel a little missing mojo coming on I always reach for my TCP stamps -- they make me smile and get me right back in the stamping groove. I pulled the sketch from this week's Mojo Monday post. And, lickety split this card came together. I have been struggling to use this "Eva" Collection of Papers from Basic Grey. Purple is not a fave of mine. Luckily there is that fun Olive green color you pull out from the papers. I paired up the Eva paper with my Paisley Cuttlebug folder, since there were tiny paisleys in the DP. I fussed it up with some dots and doodles. Completed card is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: All Dp by Basic Grey Eva Collection, Bazzill Purple, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Classic Circles, Cuttlebug Folder, Purple Pen, Pink Souffle Pen, Dew Drops

11 comments:

  1. What a cool card, Jenny!!! The Eva pad is one of my favorites and it goes absolutely perfect with that Paisley embossing folder. Thanks for sharing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp! I am working with this same sketch challenge, but not sure it will come out right when all is said and done LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a lovely card--glad your mojo got a boost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that stamp! Very nice job with the sketch and combining the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Jenny! Love the papers (I just got them in) and you do a fabulous job with them! Very cute image and sentiment!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one, Jenny! That paisley embossing looks so rich on the deep purple (good band, Deep Purple was, by the way...), and the dp is gorgeous! I totally hear you on TCP stamps - always fun! I need more of them, fo' sho'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cat image! I like purple and love what you've done with Eva. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that kitty is so cute!!! Love the color combo too.
    queenie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, Jenny. I love the cat peaking out of the flower pot. I actually have a picture of my dog when she was a puppy IN the plant-pot digging away. She looked up like "What!?" I love the colors in this one, too. Can't see how any mojo could be missing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, purple, I love purple!! This is a gorgeous card, Jenny. Love the olive and purple combo, gonna ignore the pink, lol. Just too cute, great job.
    Hugs, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, great use of these pattern papers; the embossing matches beautifully with the paisleys on the PP :) and the colors worked so nicely! TCP being one of my favorite, I am enjoying the image and the way you doodled to enhance the card!

    ReplyDelete