Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

OCC- "Time" for a Sketch Challenge

It's Saturday! Time for the OCC Challenge! For this week’s challenge we have a sketch to jump start our creativity. Check out the OCC Blog to see what goodies are up for grabs this week and all the details of how you can enter to win. So please join us and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett and Joycelyn Turner.
I love this image. I do not garden, or even aspire to have a green thumb. In fact I have killed bamboo -- you know the bamboo you just put in water and leave alone -- it DIES in my house. Anyway, I do believe there is a plant like this in nature, with the red in the center of the leaves. Maybe it's not the right one as I have colored it, but I needed to bring some red in to match the paper. So if it's wrong, so be it, feel free to leave a comment or have a laugh at my expense! The card ended up rather large at 5x7, and for this size of a card I think I managed to keep it fairly simple and clean in design, for me anyway! I used copics to color and used just a little airbrushing around the edges. Just some tiny gold dots along the red border of my Nesties for accents. After I made my little triple loop bow using the Bow Easy I used the tails to secure it to the back of the panel instead of letting them hang down. I used some metal accents and topped them off with a little gold pearl.
  • Stamps: All images from Serendipity Stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by Imaginisce, Dark Red, Olive Green, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Ivory
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Silk Ribbon from Sharon, Gold Pearls, Metal Accents, Copics/ABS, Gold Gel Pen, Black Micron Pen, Gold Button, Corner Rounder

17 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Your card is stunning! Love the colours your metal accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beauty Jenny! Fantastic sketch to play with and you did a magnificent job with it! Gorgeous colouring and colours!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny...This is so elegant, so beautiful!!!!

    Hugs ~ LORI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is just gorgeous. I love that stamp and you have colored it to perfection. And the matching embellishments make this a truly elegant card. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, you've captured such elegance in your card!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card - Jenny!!! I don't know what you are taking about...your coloring is fab and you've captured the image perfectly!!! I totally love this card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny! I love all these embellishments! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its absolutly gorgeous, 'correct' or not! :D The stamp itself is fabulous and I LOVE waht you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card..the color combo is so very elegant and dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...Jenny, this is beautiful!! I really love the colors you used and how you interpreted this sketch.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jenny! This is really beautiful! Great job on all those dots -whew! Love all the gold accents and your gorgeous coloring on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous image with that particular sentiment. Love, love, LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Jenny, GORGEOUS card! Love the sun-dial. I think the coloring was great!! Perfect sentiment, too.
    Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Jenny, you brought the image to life!! I LOVE the pretty details and the beauitful bows that you add to your amazing cards each week!!

    LOTS of hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete