Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge

It's Saturday! Happy Weekend! Time for the OCC Challenge! This week, our host, Robin Willis has provided us with a Sketch Challenge! Check out the OCC Blog for lots of goodies up for grabs this week and all the details of how you can enter to win. So please join us and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Lori Boyd, Robin Willis, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett and Joycelyn Turner.
I had the sketch from Robin to start with, and I have been wanting to use Basic Grey's new Wisteria Paper Collection.... so this is what came together. I really like this new collection of papers -- Purple is always a hard color for me to use, but in this paper collection it is paired up with blues and browns. Interesting colors put together and fabulous patterns, as usual! My card is pretty basic -- I did flip the sketch, but stayed true to the layout. I colored the image with Copics and I airbrushed just a hint of pale yellow behind the flowers, just to take away the whiteness. Added a corner of Pearls and a Silk Bow. This is the first bow I have tied with the 1.5" Silk Ribbon from Sharon, now that I have it in all colors... you will be seeing it again. I used the Bow-Easy for my bow, making a double loop bow. It's such a different look with the wider silk ribbon -- all puffy and silky soft!! The silk is so thin it cinches down to a wonderfully tight and neat small knot. Final card size is an A2

___________________________________________________________

BOW-EASY VIDEO TUTORIAL NOW AVAILABLE
Jerri now has the promised
Bow Easy Video Tutorial up on her wonderful blog: A Touch of Grace. I know many of you were waiting to see this bow making gadget in action. Check it out and see how easy it really is to tie a perfectly neat bow! Thank you, Jerri for all your efforts in putting the video together, VERY APPRECIATED!
Blog Candy Reminder: You can still enter to win the Bow Easy tool --See how and where on the below post (scroll down)
"Bow Info! Bow Blog Candy!" .

15 comments:

  1. Wow wow just stunning. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I can hardly wait to get my Wisteria!!! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jenny! I love the colors and that bow is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One beautiful card. Love everything
    about it. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really fancy schmancy. Love all the pretty DP you used to set off this great image. just darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning...that bow is SPECTACULAR!!! SO beautiful, Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - this is GORGEOUS!! Wow! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Jenny, this bow is sooooo gorgeous! A beautiful card, love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally delightful Jenny. Your card is so pretty, I love the bow and the colours you used. I have just ordered the Bow Easy and some ribbon, trying to wait patiently for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this sketch! Your image is beautiful and your coloring wonderful! Really pretty card!

    Thanks for the link to the tutorial also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, this is gorgeous. Absolutely the perfect paper and colors for this image. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete