Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

OCC Challenge - Spotlight on the Sentiment!

It's Saturday! Time for the OCC Challenge! For this week’s challenge, it’s all about sentiments. Use your favorite sentiment as a focal point on your card/project. Check out the OCC Blog to see what goodies are up for grabs this week and all the details of how you can enter to win. So please join us and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Lori Boyd, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett and Joycelyn Turner.

I love quotes and have a good collection of word and sentiment stamps, amongst those most of my favorites seem to be from Wordsworth/Rubber Soul. This is one of my faves. I pulled this card together by starting with the papers from Basic Grey's Offbeat Collection. I layered some papers and added some edging in the middle using scalloped scissors and also a strip of orange card stock with some added polka dots. For the sentiment, I cut it out with a Nestie and then outlined the inner frame adding some soft airbrushing with Copic YR14. I was going to leave the border white... but you know I have trouble doing that... and so I just had to add some tiny little scallop type doodles and colored them orange. I didn't want to add a lot of layers of paper and cover my background, so this seemed a good fix for my layer addiction. For the ribbon I added two pieces of the silk ribbon folded in half going down the background, tucking them in the top and securing them with two little brads on the bottom. Then a double loop bow to finish it off, made of course with the Bow Easy. Completed card size is an A2.

After I finished this card, I kept thinking it was kind of familiar looking.... and then it dawned on me that I used almost the same materials just a few weeks ago on this card!!!
Ummm... ooops! I guess I liked the combo!!!
  • Stamps: Emily Dickinson Quote by Wordsworth/Rubber Soul
  • Paper: All DP by Basic Grey "Offbeat" 6x6 Collection, Chocolate Chip, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Orange
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Other: 1/2" Orange Silk Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Pearls, Crystals, Scallop Scissors, Black Micron Pen, Copics/ABS, Brown Brads and Brown Rick Rack Sticker by Basic Grey, Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles

17 comments:

  1. so pretty Jenny, love the ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now these are my colors! Jenny, you never cease to amaze me will all your added squiggles and doodles, they certainly do finish off cards perfectly. This is a wonderful card and I love that bow! Your airbrushing is very smooth, I think you have gotten the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the wiggles on this card, Jenny! The ric rac and the scallop scissor cuts and then the pearls and gems are perfect in the wiggles! I have a hard time using my offbeat paper, but I'm inspired to dig it out and dust it off now!

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you gorgeous card Jenny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo beautiful - Jenny!!! Love these colors and the sentiment is awesome :)!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulous in every way!!! The sentiment, the ribbon...all of it!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, this is just gorgeous! Of course I love the bow. I just ordered the "bow whatever". I can tell I am going to learn a lot by following your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great sentiment, makes for a perfect card and I love your Father's day fishing card too. Pretty snazy work Jenny !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful card! These warm colours are great!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh so pretty...love how you anchored your ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny :) All I can say is WOW! I LOVE the color combination and that sentiment is stunning! I just LOVE seeing your creations each week!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty colors and love the way you did the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is amazing, I luv it...great colors and design......beautiful!
    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very beautiful Jenny! Love the colours and the sentiment being the main focal point is quite stunning!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning! Oh, that bow...and the colors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete