Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

OCC Challenge - Mother's Day

Saturday is HERE! Happy Weekend! Time for the OCC Challenge! This week we start off May with a new Hostess, Robin. The challenge is to make a Mother's Day card. So please join us and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Kim Teasdale, Lori Boyd, Robin Willis, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett and Joycelyn Turner.



I only have one Mother's Day stamp. It took me half an hour to find it. For my card this week I thought people would do a lot of floral and girly colors and being the stubborn "Go left, when you say Right" crafter that I am... I thought I would use boy colors for my Mother's Day card. I really love how this turned out. (excuse me, while I pat myself on the back!). The card is 6x6 and the shape inspired by a Basic Grey 6x6 Album.... I thought, well, hey -- that's a neat shape for a card! All of the DP on this is from Basic Grey's Offbeat Collection. I am so addicted to these Basic Grey Paper Collections. I don't know what I love more -- Martha punches or Basic Grey paper. So anyway, the card is simple layering and stamped with Memento Brown.... accented with a little Copic Airbrushing and image outlining to tie all the colors together. I think it may be a first that I have left the Nestie edges white! Maybe less is more???!!! Nahhhh! I'll be coloring them up and doodling all over the borders again tommorow!
  • Stamps: All Stamps by SU
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, All DP by Basic Grey "Offbeat" 6x6 Collection
  • Other: Spellbinder's Nesties, Misc. Ribbon, Copics/ABS, White Rainbow Tape

22 comments:

  1. Welcome back Jenny, and what a great card love the blue & chocolate brown together.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. might be boy colors but they are my fav color combo ... so I would love a card like this hehe .... wonderful card jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Jenny! This color combo is very elegant - and doesn't look masculine at all when you use it like this! Fun card shape, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE what you did with the sentiment panel! Like you, this is the ONLY mother's day stamp I own, and it was buried under a pile of who-knows-what and took me forever to find!

    Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and using that shape was a great idea. I'm sure Barb is going to love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is soooo nice! My twin sister already thinks I have too much paper...but none of the Basic Grey! And now you have me drooling! The card is gorgeous and every mom on the planet would be blessed to have this card.

    Wow....I may scoure my paper collecton to see if I can recreate anything remotely like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenny - how was your trip to Las Vegas??? Did you win big time - LOL???

    Anyway - love the shape of this card!!! Beautiful Mother's Day card - my friend!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous...the colors are stunning and I love your layout...the whole thing is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very dramatic card...love the white edges too. I am with you as far as the BG paper. I tried organizing all my DP last night...I give up! But I did end up with a pouch just for BG! Hope your vacation was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love with you did with the shape of the album! Flower stamp is perfect with it! Great colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jenny, this is stunning! I adore this colour combo - you've made a real classy stunner here! I love the white borders - really make it pop against the brown & blue!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I gasped when I saw this magnificent card. You know I hate brown, but coupled with the beautiful blue, it is spectacular! Fabulous job, Jenny! Any mother would swoon to receive this one.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny, this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Jenny!!! I love that color combo and you rocked it!
    I hope you had a good time in Vegas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Jenny, I LOVE the gorgeous detail and colors. Your ribbon is stunning too!

    Hope your having a nice time, can't wait to hear all about it!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, Jenny. Love all the special details. Welcome back! Hope you had fun times on your vacay.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card!!!! Really caught my eye and made me gasp a little on the OCC blog, so I thought I better come over here and say so! A well deserved self pat on the back!!
    Diane Cooper
    diane7@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a great card, and no pink to be seen!! Glad to have you back, this is a wonderful card and I love the blue/brown/white combo, very soothing. And look at that bow, are there 4 loops in that one? Pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is totally fabulous! I LOVE the color scheme, your soft air brushing, the white eDges and gorgeous paper and bow -- a HUGE thumbs up -- WONDERFUL WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete